Chapter 24

Playlist - The Battle/Origins by Christopher Drake, Here Comes The King by X-Ray Dog and Battle of the Barbarians by X-Ray Dog

*warning themes of blood and violence*

Professor Fig once told me the following words when I had visited him in his classroom -

"Don't neglect your friends. You might be surprised how much you can learn from them."

Those words of wisdom have been particularly helpful throughout my years at Hogwarts, especially now, as I looked back to see all of my friends ready to fight beside me. It dawned on me that I had spent so much time battling my own demons alone, that I neglected to see that they would have been ready to stand by my side had I trusted them. But this was no time for regrets.

This was an all out war.

The ground was shaking beneath my feet as two sides - good and evil, met in the middle of the repository to engage in a fearsome fight to the death. Spells, hexes and curses danced around the walls, creating a static of electricity that ran across my skin.

Ominis and Sharp where back to back, zapping away at the dark wizards that flung themselves at them, whilst Natty and Gareth created a shield to protect Sebastian, who was witnessing this brutality as he hung, chained.

I heard a toe curling scream from behind me as Isidora erupted towards me, firing confringo. I repelled it with protego and summoned a lightning bolt with my ancient magic, pulsing it down towards her. However, it seemed to be a tickle of a feather for her because she threw an explosion of dark red magic that knocked me off my feet.

"You stupid little witch!" She screeched, her body now before me as she used the same magic teleportation technique I used. Her hands gripped my throat, and with some godlike strength, she pulled up, choking me. My fingers tried to desperately claw away at her grip, but the more I fought, the more she tightened.

"Do you really think you can stop me? You might wield the same magic I do but I created it!" She screamed.

I managed to use my free hand to grasp onto her hair, making her yelp and with the little strength I had left, I head butted her, making her release me.

"I only hope you prove your point Isidora, your determination is far more reaching than your skill."

I lunged at her, firing bombarda to try and knock her back, but she dispelled it with a flick of her wrist.

"You need not worry for me Y/N, this carnage feeds my soul. Every spell shot and life wasted strengths me, so that not even a thousand armies will save wizard kind from my wrath."

"Ahhhhh!"

Rage shot through me like lava from a volcano and I expertly dodged her spell and threw it back at her, feet sliding across the floor. Behind me I heard the commotion, screams and magic sizzling through the air.

"Ominis Gaunt."

Anne stood before him, eyes glistening green, wand at the ready. The colour drained from his face as he recognised the voice, a voice that he was going to have to take on.

"Anne, I didn't expect this from you." The tip of his finger grasping at his wand's hilt, ready to strike.

"You and Sebastian abandoned me and left me to rot in that retched hospital, all because you chose that bitch over me."  Her voice was filled with venom, a side to her I had never witnessed before. But Ominis didn't hesitate, he flung depulso at her, taking her by surprise.