✄ Chapter 5 ✉

A boom erupted somewhere outside, they could hear it from the tunnels. It shook the lair and everyone stopped moving, Yuichi suddenly on high alert. Everyone glanced at each other and kept frozen. "What was that...?" Mikey whispered, breaking the silence. A few more rumbles came after, making tables and objects wobble. Donnie groaned and covered his ears, the sound of several glass objects clattering together bothered him.

"Usagi." Leo said, catching his eye. The rabbit nodded and unleashed the sword strapped to his waist. "Whatever that was can't be good. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm checking it out..."

"Me too." Donnie said, taking his hands off the sides of his head. Mikey watched intently as he grabbed his battle shell and staff. "What do you need that for? Vehicles go over the sewers all the time, right?"

"Not like that, Mikey." He replied simply, following Yuichi to the tunnels. "W-well hey, I wanna go too!"

"No, you stay here with Leo. If Raph gets back before we do, give him the scoop." Donatello pat Mikey on the head and set off. Mikey sighed and flopped on the floor next to Leo. "This is so unfair. I can't do anything!"

Leo set his crutches down and scooted closer to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "Don't worry, Mikey! Nobody has to stay anywhere!"

The younger brother looked confused and tilted his head to the side. "B-but, Donnie said to stay with you-" Leo shushed him and dramatically put a finger to his lips. "That he did, Michael! Which is why I'm going to go on a little walk, and you just happen to follow me because you're supposed to! Whaddya say?"

Mikey thought for a moment before smiling widely. "Cowabunga."

~

"Here it is, Teo's Bodega! In all its glory!" Mikey said, raising his hands up to the store's sign. Leo smiled at him and stared at it. "I don't think I've been over here, before. I don't really come to Brooklyn!" The street behind them was bustling, as many streets of New York were. Several people waved to the turtles as they stepped inside the bodega. A rush of cool air blows on them, and Mikey sighs with relief. The man named Teo looked over the counter eagerly.

"Michelangelo, back so soon?" He asked, immediately handing him a free glass bottle of blue raspberry lemonade. Leo stared at in wonder as Mikey popped the cap off and took a sip. "Just hanging out with my brother, today. Been trying to get out of the house more!"

A cat suddenly jumped onto the counter and made Leo jump back, almost dropping his crutches. "Gyah-!"

Mikey held him up. "Leo, calm down! This is just Spider-Man!" Leo's face went blank and he blinked. "Uhh...Mikey, Spider-Man only has two legs...And no tail."

Teo chuckled. "No no, I named him after Spider-Man! Real nice kid, too." Mikey smiled and nodded. "He is." He pet the cat gently, extending the bottle to his older brother. "Try it! It's Calypso!"

The door opens and cool air blows inside, catching the attention of Mikey. He turned his head and saw a boy his age walk into the bodega, greeting Teo.

'His voice sounds so familiar...' Mikey thought. But he stayed back and let the two have their conversation before deciding to do anything. He shook Leo by the shoulder to get his attention, but it seemed he was too busy chugging the lemonade. He rolled his eyes and thought about going up to the kid himself, but he came up with a different plan.

He walked back into the aisle and hid behind a shelf, clearing his throat. "Needless to say, I keep her in check..." He sang softly. The boy didn't seem to hear him, so kept singing. "She was a bad-bad, nevertheless..." He sang a little louder. This time the boy heard him and turned his head to listen for the voice. "Uhhh...." He mumbled, fully turning around. "Callin' it quits now, baby, I'm a wreck...?"

Mikey snickered to himself. "Crash at my place, baby, you're a wreck!" He could tell now that this was his friend, finally unmasked. Miles stood there awkwardly before walking away from Teo, turning the corner. "Hello?" He called out, the voice had sounded somewhat familiar to him, too.