$Chapter 10$

A clutter of noises was heard outside of Miles' window, causing him and the turtle to snap awake. "What was that?" Mikey whispered, shaking Miles. Miles sat up with a groan and his eyes were still closed. "Dude, it's New York, it's probably some elderly man having flashbacks to the Vietnam war."

"No man, it's something else! Can't you use your spider-senses to see or something?" Mikey asked, flapping his hands in anxiety. 

"It helps me sense danger, not give me night vision!"

A crack was heard and it was followed by a hand slamming up against the window. This time both Mikey and Miles jumped. "Oh mi gosh, an intruder!" 

Miles screamed but then stopped suddenly, squinting his eyes. "Hold up, that's a brotha's hand!" He pushed away the turtle and hopped out of bed to go open up the window, a man climbing inside and falling onto the floor in agony. 

He was breathing heavily and he looked up at them. "Hey, uh...Miles, right?"

The two boys gasped. "LEA THOMAS?!"

"Look kids, I might need your help..."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

It took only a few minutes before the boys found themselves helping Mr. Thomas hoist tons of metal and paint buckets up onto a table. Miles grunted as he threw a broken truck part down, sighing. "Hey...what's this for, again?" 

"Something something art something thank you." Mikey replied, stretching his back. Miles chuckled and pulled up the turtle's hoodie over his head. "Great, you weren't listening, either."

Lea Thomas's voice cracked as he spoke, probably from misuse. "Alright. This is everything." He turned around to them, his hands clasped together nervously. "So...You're probably wondering why I asked you boys to do this."

Miles and Mikey looked at each other. "Uh...Yeah. We are."

The man smiled weakly and pulled off a curtain from a large shape, revealed to be a large art piece made of scraps of metal. It looked to be the shape of a little girl, as far as Miles and Mikey could tell. 

Miles's jaw dropped just a little as he looked at it. "Wow..You made this?"

"With my own two hands. And it's almost ready." Lea murmured, looking proud as he stared at the abstract art. "All this metal..." Mikey whispered, gently running his finger along it. "Are you the one causing the tremors in the city? A-And the UFO looking thing?"

The man sighed, but had no more room for lies. "I am. My wife...She's on her deathbed. She's afraid, and I..." He grazed his hand up the piece. "I wanted to make her one last masterpiece. Of our daughter."

All this damage... Mikey thought. But something shifted in him. He smiled. 

"We'll help you, Mr. Lea."

"WE WILL??" Miles exclaimed, raising his arms in confusion. "Yes! And we won't tell anyone about your dangerous machines. On one condition."

The turtle pulled down his hoodie and held out his hand to the man. "You will NOT scare all of New York like that again! You'll destroy the...the thingy, and make art normally again. Deal?"

Lea looked amused, then realized Mikey was serious. "Ah...I guess that's fair." He took his hand and shook it, smiling. "You got yourself a deal."

A/N:

Bruh