Chapter 9

🐢Angelo: Miles

🐢Angelo: Spidermaaann

🐢Angelo: CHILD

🐢Angelo: I know you're awake because you never sleep

🐢Angelo: Answer before I commit arson to my lair and blame it on you

🐢 Angelo: [CAR CRASH] [GLASS SHATTERING] "GOOD LORD!" [GENERAL COMMOTION] [BABY CRYING] "WAAAAH WAAAAH" [YELLING] [POLICE SIRENS] WEEWOO WEEWOO [HELICOPTERS] "WE'RE REPORTING LIVE-" [EXPLOSION] "MY LEG... MY LEG..."

🌻Spooder-Miles: Omg 

🐢 Angelo: Success

🌻Spooder-Miles: You need help

🐢 Angelo: Hehehehhe

🌻Spooder-Miles: What did you blow up my phone for...??

🐢 Angelo: Uhh

🐢 Angelo: Cause I'm on my way there and I need you to open the window for me

🌻Spooder-Miles:...

🌻Spooder-Miles: Say what now

🐢 Angelo: LOOK, I'M BORED OKAY

🐢 Angelo: Now open the window so I don't have to break in

🌻Spooder-Miles: IT'S THREE. IN. THE. MORNINGGG

🐢 Angelo: Technically it's 3:28, rounding up to 3:30. And you agreed 3:30 was the best time, right?

🌻Spooder-Miles:...Yes...Yes I did

🌻Spooder-Miles: Enter quietly

-

The window sill slid open slowly, Mikey not so much. He flew in and fell to the floor with a thump. Miles freaked out and shushed him frantically. "Duuudeee..!"

"Sorryyyy..." He whispered back. He tip-toed over to Miles' bed and flung himself onto it, sighing. Miles could feel something was wrong, but decided not to pry...yet. A chilly breeze blew into the room, and he pushed the window closed. "So...You just came over because you were...bored?"

Mikey smiled sheepishly. "Uhh...Yeah?"

Miles stood there with a hand on his hip, unconvinced. "Uh huh...I'm just gonna pretend I believe that." In the short time they'd been friends, even he could tell that the turtle was a terrible liar. Mikey sighed and fell back. "I couldn't sleep, okay? I haven't since yesterday..."

The boy's expression softened and he walked away from the window, sitting down on the bed next to him. "Why not?"

"I just...Do you think your parents would like me?" 

Miles blinked and laid back, thinking for a moment. Mikey had asked this question already, but Miles always answered as if it were the first time. "They'd be weirded out at first, but...Hey, you're cool. I'm sure they would love you." The room rattled a little, but the two were used to the small tremors here and there.

Michelangelo sighed again, something he was beginning to do more often. He'd heard a variation of this answer before, a result of him asking the same question over and over. "Yeah...Yeah, you're probably right."

Miles smiled a little and nudged him. "Now sleep." 

The turtle rolled his eyes before popping into his shell, causing Miles to shriek and fall back out of bed. Mikey came back out with a confused look on his face. "Dude..."

Miles looked up from the floor, sprawled out like a dead person. "Oh...You're alive?" Mikey's jaw dropped and he pulled him back up. "What part of TURTLE was not made clear??"

The boy smiled nervously and shrugged. "I've just...Never seen you do that!"

"Stupid..."