Chapter One//In My Mind

TW//slurs and Mature Language, Mention of SA

Narrator PoV:

it's been two years since the incident with the Grabber. last year all everyone could do was tell Finney that the Grabber was dead.

'guys it's fine. i know he can't hurt me anymore,' Finney said when people gave him pitting looks.

everyone knew what The Grabber did to Finney. the videos spread like wildfire, i can't even narrate how. but everyone had seen them. Finney had people calling him a slut, and various other slurs... i'm not gonna get into it.

Finney's going out with Vance today! that's where this story begins.

————

Finney PoV:

i woke up to the sun shining on my face. i sat up in the bed i was sleeping in. the pain of the realisation of what had happened to me hitting me like a truck. i know he's gone. i know he can't hurt me. but it hurts to know that i was a victim. one of the worst.

he still haunts me to this day, i'm afraid of him popping up out of no where and hurting me again. i feel arms wrap around my waist.

'Finn..' Vance groans as he sits up. 'you okay babe?'

i nod, as he nestles his head into my neck.

'i'm fine,' i whisper gently.

i know i'm not. Vance knows i'm not, but he won't say it until i admit it myself, or until things get bad. but i feel safe in his arms, always.

'm'kay.. breakfast?' he asks still hiding his face in my neck.

'yeah..' we get up and go to his kitchen to make us both food.

we sit down at the table eating our eggs, toast and bacon.

~~~~

it's been a while since i stopped hearing the Grabbers voice in my head, my therapist told me that it was just my fear and the voice in my head making me believe he was there, the he was connected to me.

when i told her that i get a lot of anxiety attacks, she told me to try and find a healthy coping mechanism. my dad dropped me off at the next session on day and he went to work. i went in and immediately got hit with the biggest wave of fear.

there was a mask she was wearing...

she was wearing his mask...

i backed up against a wall, slid down in and balled myself up. closing myself away from the world. after around 15 mins i looked back at her and saw that she had a normal face.

'what's wrong Finn?' she asked me.

'i saw... you- you had...' my voice was all chopped up and felt impossible to understand.

'mask...' i gestured to her face.

'you saw his mask on me?' she asked.

i nodded.

'alright. this is getting difficult. i want you to bring you favourite person. the person you feel safest with,' she told me.