24. Rabb ne nahi banayi ye jodi

"Harsh halwe jabse sink ke saamne khada hua hai, atleast out of courtesy ek plate saaf karde" Yashi jeered at Harsh nonchalantly, while cleaning the dishes and simultaneously side eyeing Harsh.

"jaa na lawdi, apni tashreef se keh thoda kaam kare, bhot araam farmaati hai" Harsh replied back equally mellowed as he leaned with his back towards the kitchen platform right next to Yashi, filing his fingernails while looking towards the door.

"Yashii~ beta kahan haii~?" Mummyji's voice reached their ears followed by the sound of the sliding door to the kitchen opening.
No sooner had that happened, that Harsh pivoted on his heels to face the sink now, immediately taking an already clean dish in his hands whilst pretending to clean it.

"ufff~ yeh garmii hayeee~~" He whined dramatically while wiping  the beads of sweat on his forehead which were by the way, wahi vim baar ka paani jis se Yashi bartan ghis rahi thi (aur baad me Harsh ki gand bhi ghisna chahegi)

The first thing Mummyji did was to shove a cloth in his hand to dry the utensils and arrange them in the stands, much to Harsh chagrin as Yashi visibly squirted. Mummy hai vo, kon kya karraha sab jaanti hai.

Harsh had no other option but to help now, because aate hi mummyji ne Harsh ki gand marli thi. He wouldn't want that to happen again.
HECK NO.

"aap kyu karrahe ho Mummyjii, hum karlere na" Yashi tried to take a bartan away from her but Mummyji dodged her and with one swift moment even landed a tapli on her head.
Harsh looked on with a slightly baffled expression.

Bhayi ye nanhe se shareer me nanhi si jaan toh bilkul nahi hai-

"Doodh dahi ka kamaal hai betaaa" Mummyji didn't even turn to look at him as she commented while flexing her non-existant biceps
She picked up a plate and proceeded to arrange them on the cabinets.

Most of the time they did not speak, but it's safe to say it was a comfortable silence.
The only sounds they could hear were Nischay, Abhishek, Mortal and Scout, while Sreeya was uncharacteristically quiet.
Yashi thought it was unusual, but then he reasoned that maybe her over thinker ass was exhibiting another shenanigan.

kyunki jab HARSH ki sitti-pitti gul hogayi mummyji ke saamne, toh Sreeya toh phir bhi ek nanhi bhosdiwali hai :D

"accha waise... woh Ajey ladka kahan rehta hai?" Mummyji asked all of a sudden, and Yashi's hands slowed down
So she noticed as well...

"wo.. kucch kaam se bahar rehta hai aajkal.." Yashi hesitantly answered, refocusing on her work while passing a glare at Harsh, who was passing her a 'haaaaannn.. pyaari bhi samajh gyiiii'  look.

"accha.. kyunki mere saamne saamne toh Sreeya kamsekam 5-6 baar puch chuki usko" Mummyji said and Harsh coughed out loud, slapping his hand over his mouth, while looking over to Yashi, who coincidently (NOT) had a knife in her hand.

"kya hua?" Mummyji asked while tapping on Yashi's shoulder, as Harsh immediately turned to the other side and let out a silent laugh (han bhyi muh khola hasne ke liye but awaz ni nikli)

"wo-wo kucch nahi! kucch bhi toh nahi" Yashi replied back with a wide made-up grin, as she stealthily punched Harsh's back who also very stealthily flinched.

"aurr... Tera  wala kahan rehta hai?" Mummyji asked again, biting her inner cheek as the plate which Yashi was holding clanked to the sink base.

"m-mai..me-mera wala-?" Yashi questioned, quickly taking a stance to sprint towards the door at the slightest sound the could be heard.

"Han matlab tera-"
"YASSHIIIIIIIII DIHARRRR AAAAA HAWLIII JALDIIIIIII" It was Sreeya who unknowingly cut Mummyji off.
Had it been any other normal day, Yashi would have been pissed, but abhi Yashi ki gand marne wali thi aur iss bhosdiwali ne anjaane me bachaa liya.
Yashi thanked every God whose name she could remember, while Harsh punched his palm, cursing this bhosdiwali's luck and the other bhosdiwali's timing.