19. Aate ho toh baarish lete aana

Nothing seemed to fit right in her life.

She hoped it was just another one of those awful dreams, and then the hurt will be gone when she wakes up.
But she knew that it was just a wishful thinking of hers.

Everytime she closed her eyes, their fight kept replaying in her head like a film reel

'Impulsiveness ki tu kya baat karrahi hai tujhe bhi toh aadat hai na dusro ke maamlo me ghusne ki? Khudki zindagi bahle hi kitni barbaad horakkhi ho PAR MERI ZINDAGI ME BAKAYDA GHUSEGI'

She was right afterall.
Her life is actually a lot fucked up so to speak.
It's actually disrespectful to call it a 'life' so to say.

However much she tries, it's unforgiving.

Fucking EVERYTHING reminded her of the time. Those painful moments.

Yashi had been sitting on the floor on the opposite corner of the bed for sometime now. 
Nobody dared to even come inside her room
'who would even want to talk to someone like YOU miss impulsive Thakur' she scoffed at herself and closed her eyes while resting her head back.

There goes the reel of memories again...

'Papa ye IIT-engineering ye sab mere liye nahi hai! Mujhse nahi hopaayega yeh sab aap-'

'EK BAAR KEHDIYA... TOH KEHDIYA! BAS! Arey apne saare rishtedar, jaan pehchaan waalo ko bol chuka hu... IZZAT KYA REHJAAYEGI HUMAARI!??'

'par mai-'

'ISKE BAAD AGAR KUCCH BOLI, TOH MAI BHULJAUNGA TU MERI BETI HAI.'

That... hurt more than anything..
You know what hurt even more? 

Sreeya  pointing it out to her.

Honestly she didn't care whatever shit the few people said about her or the BSB Duo channel. 
She had found that comfort in Sreeya, the comfort she desired from her parents, the affirmation that her dreams are valid, she can live however she wants.

And driven by that encouragement she eloped.
Never in her life had Yashi thought she would take a step this big, driven by a someone whom her parents called 'unworthy' and 'just another friend'
From that night on they had lived like sisters, they LIVE like sisters.

Since then every other thing was just another reminder of how bad of a daughter she was.
Every other day passing by was without her family. She could have lead a life her parents had wanted to, to not bring 'disgrace to the Thakurs'.
Every other song she heard was a stab in the gut, how she and her father used to spend long hours singing and enjoying when she was younger.
Everything reminded her of him, her mom, her family.

Sreeya was the one to pull her out from this undying void of sadness.
And now SHE was the one who had pushed her back into the dark alley of memories.

She wasn't wrong, Yashi knew.
She can't fix her own life and here she is- speaking about fixing others' life.
She couldn't even be a good daughter.
Self-satisfaction? More like self guilt.

Her father probably wouldn't even want her to show up on their doorstep. It was almost as if she was a long forgotten unimportant  memory.

'JAB TAK MAI JINDA HU, YEH LADKI YA ISKI WOH DOST- NA GHAR ME AAYENGE, NA HI INSE KOI BAAT KAREGA... ISSE JYADA SHARMINDGI HUM SEHEN NAHI KARSAKTE.'