Ch. 12: Vision

This chapter is going to go a bit different. Parts of the chapter are going to look a bit like this. That's my way of letting you all know that it's going to be a dream sequence.

Siyeon was lying down on her hard bed as she thought about everything that has happened recently. Who knew this much would happen so early on? She just needed time to breathe and process everything that went down for her own mental wellbeing.

She expected the curse and the breakout plan would occupy most of her thoughts, but the newly added chaos of Yoohyeon getting cursed as well as the whole Mingi and Soyeon thing started to wear on her mind a bit more than usual. Not to mention what Gahyeon is possibly going through is making her concerned as well. If she was hiding something like that, what about the others? Are they suffering in silence as much as she did when she had the curse?

There was just so much going on right now for Siyeon to handle. At this point, she'd hoped that rest might temporarily relieve some of the stress a bit. She knew that it would never fully go away in a place like this, but she would be able to think much better if she wakes up with a clearer head. Sleep didn't come easily to her, but she was able to do so after a long while.

***

Her eyes fluttered open to a bed unfamiliar to her. She wasn't in her prison cell, nor was she anywhere in the apartment. It looked like a fancier room. One that could belong to a king or queen years and years ago. She looked outside to see a bustling village as well as fields for miles. It didn't look like she was even in Korea anymore. What was she doing there? How did she get here? Where even was she?

She looked around the room only to find no one else. She tried to open her mouth to ask if anyone's there, but no noise came out. In a panic, she ran over to a nearby mirror to see if she had any injuries that affected her voice. When she got to it, she couldn't believe what she saw.

She felt like herself, but she didn't look like herself. She didn't even look like anyone she knew. Dressing in what Siyeon could only describe as a bluish-green, renaissance-looking dress was a woman looking a bit older than her with long brown hair. Siyeon couldn't help but notice a feature on her face that stuck out like a sore thumb. There was a scar across her left brow, painless to the touch. It didn't look recent. In fact, it looked as though it has been there for years. Siyeon tried to see if she can retrieve this mysterious girl's memory of her scar, but she couldn't. She guessed that all she had control of was her body and present thoughts.

She looked in the mirror for a bit longer until she saw the door opening in the reflection. She turned around ready to fight or flight when an also unfamiliar, but handsome man walked in the room to check in on her. He was dressed more fanciful than she was. In fact, she was positive this man was a royal. Maybe he was a prince? He could just as well be the king with the extravagant gold crown on his head.

Despite what she truly felt in the moment, she can feel her heart flutter as he looked at her. No, it wasn't her heart. It was the woman's. Was she his queen?

"Are you alright? You took a rough fall." His voice was unnaturally echo-like as he spoke. Siyeon tried to ask him what was going on, but again, no sound came out.

Still he answered anyway as if Siyeon did ask him something. "Oh, yeah that. Sorry about that. Your original clothing was soaked and I didn't want you to get sick." His face looked suddenly shocked as he just realized something. "I didn't do anything! I wasn't even in the room. I had one of the maids help you out of them and placed you in warmer clothes. I hope you're ok with that." Soaked? Siyeon figured that he wasn't able to read her mind or anything from his response. It was as if the other woman was talking and she herself couldn't hear her. She thought back to what he just said. Maybe she isn't the queen. Maybe she's just borrowing these clothes on a whim from whatever just happened to her.