Ch. 14: Surprise Encounter

Just letting you know that this chapter is way longer than usual. I got carried away and there wasn't really a place to split this chapter up without making one of them too short, so enjoy!

"Good afternoon, ma'am. Here for visiting hours? Not many people show up this early."

"Yes, I am. I'm here to see Lee Siyeon."

"Alright, can I have a name?"

"Lee Dami."

The receptionist looked over her list of names of people who made appointments. "Alright, Ms. Lee. Just wait here for a moment before you're called back."

"Ok. Thank you." Dami thanked the receptionist politely. She's been through this many times before. Yet, with the number of times she has heard the instructions and waited in their small waiting room, she always sat there a bit paranoid. She never let this side of her show to the rest of the members, but it was something she felt every time she goes and visits. The reason why wasn't a mystery to her. There would be a chance that Lionheart would want to keep an eye on them. That's why Dami had planned their visiting times at uncommon hours. Even with that precaution, she knew they had to shorten their visiting times from now on. She had a plan that she would discuss with Siyeon today. It should get rid of this potential threat as well as make things easier for everyone.

"Right this way." The guard's voice pulled her back to reality before getting led into the tables in the visitor's area. "Have a seat, we will bring her out soon."

After thanking the guard, she sat at the empty table and mentally went over the plan to make sure she didn't forget anything. It was the best way to pass the time before Siyeon sat down. "Long time no see!"

"Long time no see." Siyeon repeated back, chuckling a little. "Anything new?"

"A lot, actually. We're planning a surprise party for Yoohyeon soon. Almost all the preparations are done." Unlike the last time, the guard was close to them. They had to work their way around giving themselves away. Luckily, they established a code beforehand for this kind of thing. Surprise party meant recon and whoever the party was for, would be the main person for the mission. Yoohyeon made sure to pass along the code cheat sheet to Handong for Siyeon to read.

"When will that be?"

"In a few days."

"It's coming up already? I wish I can give her something."

"You don't need to bring her a present or anything like that. You can give her a card or maybe make a card if you're feeling creative. I just wish we can have your party trick. It was really fun." Party trick was the keyword here. They used the same wording when they wanted Siyeon to pickpocket the drunk Lionheart member. The card seemed to be the most obvious code they developed. It would be easy for Siyeon to tell that they are talking about taking and making the keycards. "Oh, by the way, there's more. If you can't be there to do the party trick, why not teach Jiu? If that's ok with you. She seemed interested in it. Hope it's not that hard to teach."

"I mean the more the merrier, but it takes time. You said it was in a few days, right? How am I going to teach her it that fast? It's kinda complicated. Do we even have time?"

"That's why she's coming in to see you later. She just felt like giving something that no one else could. Besides, she's a fast learner." Yet another code. This one was more on the obvious side. Siyeon could understand that Dami meant that Jiu would be placing something rather than taking it. Recalling a past discussion at the start of their team, Siyeon was talking about how it was easier to take things rather than place things. Hopefully, Siyeon could figure something out that could really benefit Jiu considering the shorter amount of time to learn it.