Ch.15: Good Investments

So, like last time, this one is going to be long too!

Yoohyeon walked over to the receptionist confidently, making sure her heels were heard. She wanted to make herself look important and she figured that making a statement would complement it. While she may look confident on the outside, the inside told a different story.

They've seen that each day they visit, the receptionists rotate. That means that there's a good chance that none of them are ever there long enough to recognize them. Despite having this good chance, there was a another chance that one would actually recognize them. Yoohyeon couldn't help but focus on that possibility.

While they could use prosthetics to get past this issue, Yoohyeon wasn't experienced enough yet to make it effective up close. So for now, they had to trust that their Clark Kent effort of hiding their identities were enough. "Hello, ma'am. We're here for the meeting that was scheduled by the executives."

"Oh! Of course!" The receptionist looked shocked. Yoohyeon expected that she would be on her best behavior. Being an investor and all gives her special benefits and that meant special treatment. They don't want to lose a potentional client. That pressure probably made this worker more nervous and that showed a bit in her voice. "I mean no disrespect, but I still need to look at both of your IDs."

"Makes sense. Safety measures are important. Good to know that's of high priority." Yoohyeon snapped her fingers and Jiu pretended to write that good point down before handing her the fake IDs Dami made beforehand.

"Thank you Ms. Kang and Ms. Bae. I will let them know of your arrival. Please have a seat in here while you wait." She led them to a room seperate from the usual lobby farther in towards the prison. It was a really nice room. Much more fancy than the other waiting room. It must have been for the more prolific guests they receive to avoid getting mixed with the other people.

Once the receptionist left, Yoohyeon released a sigh of relief that she didn't recognize them. A small part of her nerves were lifted off her shoulders. Maybe this curse was working in her favor for now. It better stay that way. With this small build of confidence, she started to speak her mind to Jiu. "Wow. They're really kissing up to us, huh? Funny to see us on this end of things."

"Shh. We might be getting treated like royalty, but that doesn't mean that they aren't keeping an eye on us." Jiu whispered as she spotted the security camera in the corner. They didn't have access to them yet. "We need to stay in character the entire time we're here."

"Right. Pretend I said something important and you're writing it down. That should cover our tracks." Yoohyeon whispered back and Jiu followed her instruction.

After a little while longer, a young man in a brown suit walked in to greet them. Unexpectedly to them, he started to talk in English. "Good afternoon, ladies. I'm an associate for Mr. Yoon. I'll be the one leading the tour, I hope that shouldn't be a problem."

"No, it shouldn't be a problem." Yoohyeon answered in English first before switching back to her native language. "Do you speak Korean? It's more comfortable to speak that way." Good thing Yoohyeon had been studying English in her free time. She was able to pick up on what the man was saying.

The man was surprised a bit before switching languages. "Oh. I apologize Ms. Kang. We usually get foreign investors. Mainly the US and the UK." Dami wrote them down as international investors.

"There's no need to apologize. It's perfectly understandable. I'm from the Korean branch of our company. Besides, this is a globally renowned prison. I'm sure there are many foreigners interested in the property."

"Indeed they are. Well, where would you like to start?"

"Well, let's start with the beginning. I noticed that there are two different lobbies?"