8| Carnivorous Despondency:

Vanadey POV:

Vanadey POV:

We all didn't say anything at all about what happened, for the obvious reason, that's not my place to talk, and we started walking back to the forest in silence as the tension still remained between us that might even be palpable. But even with the tension, the walk was calm, which I consider a relief since I didn't feel willing to tolerate more dramas. I was still tormented by what I experienced during the trance, that act of posing as my sister to catch me took me by surprise and the worst thing is that they almost succeeded if it were not for something as absurd as managing to recognize that the steps of the creature were different from my brother's.

I sigh as I sway my head to erase the image from my head, the memories and just focus on my surroundings. The cold breeze passed through the trees until it hit my face as it filled my lungs with fresh air until it threw out everything that was distressing me. I have no doubt that i will be asked what is wrong with me or what I saw. I prefer that what happened to my brother remain a secret, they have knowledge of something I went through except the topic of my brother.

I focused on the noises of our footsteps until the sound of the chirping of birds and clucks Pollux was making out of boredom from walking in silence for so long in which someone began to get irritated by the noises he was making for the last half hour of walking.

"Would you stop that, its getting fucking annoying " Xanthus turned onto Pollux annoyed which he release a another cluck noise.

Xanthus released a deep breath while clenching his bandage fist.

"Aww, I guess I better stop before the princess starts with her cries" Pollux jokes and releases another cluck noise which Xanthus grumbles while twisting his body and walkways towards Pollux whose smile widens, deepening his dimple.

"Enough you two" Griffin placed himself between them while giving Pollux a murderous stare which does not faze him  "We just got out of a fight, I don't want to see another one, I just want to leave."

"I'm with Griffin, the least we want right now is another fight and more when it's over something so stupid" I turned my eyes towards Pollux "And you, cut it off " I released with a serious tone  "Let's get a move on people."

The trees were curved to form an elongated tunnel as it was decorated with mushroom shaped crystals in the form of steps down the gray trunks. He heard a crack in the distance which made me stop and tilt my head in the direction of the noise in search of any other source of sound.

It was light but I still managed to catch the heavy sound, as if an object was being dragged slowly as it tows leaves and shreds them as well as snapping branches that get in its way. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Pollux staring in the same direction as the sounds were being played with a hardened expression that soon relaxed and she began to retrace her steps as she tilted her chin in my direction as a signal for me to move.