14| Balcastress

Vanadey POV:

Vanadey POV:

"I will help you get into Balcatress so you can save your pals, but you will only have a limited time before they send troops to check the perimeters to check the cause once the alarms when they get activated" he suddenly broke the silence making me wince and turn my face to your address.

"Alarms? What alarms and can't we just look for a way to avoid them instead of running into them?" I questioned while my shoulder shivered due to the cold breeze and my jacket didn't warm me enough and even more so when it's torn in areas that I urge to warm up.

"No, they are located on the lower floors where the cells are located and among other things, so the chances of them not catching you are slim to none, in other words they will see you once you are inside" He turned to me lips pursed in contention.

"OKAY! No pressure" I nodded slowly "So, how can I avoid these alarms while I enter the site? I mean it would take a while for the alarms to go off before I had to "fight my way in" "I raise my hands to do the air quotation.

"That's where I come in" I give him a confused look that made him chuckled softly "I can sneak you in and then report to the camp to buy you some time, because from there they are going to send troops to review the cause of said alarms, but you don't got to worry much it will take a while for them to reach you and for the alarms to go off."

"Okay, so how am I supposed to know where to go if you're just going to leave me there?" I lean my head back as I look at him out of the corner of my eye.

"It's actually easy to navigate there, considering it's a cylindrical building, each floor is connected to another, so you won't need a guidebook or map, if you get lost, walk forward in any hallway and it will lead you to a different staircase, even the doors are easy to distinguish where it takes you" I narrowed my eyes at him in which he sighed as he looked ahead with a small smile "You'll be fine."

"Well, if you say so..." I kicked a stone while putting my hands in my pocket once the silence between us became unbearably uncomfortable, adding to the suddenly cold weather, I'm freezing "So... How did you meet Pollux?"

My question made his body tense a bit while biting the inside of his cheeks and playing with the ends of her mahogany cloak.

"It happened a long time ago, I hardly remember any details about it, what I can honestly tell you for sure is that he was sort of a mentor to me" He shrugged his shoulders "A lot of questions about his ways in treating me or his teachings but they have been of great help for me."

"So being over 200 years old is a long time for you" He frowned his brunette eyebrows and cocked his head as he looked at the distance.

"Yea, you could say that..." He gave me an analytical stare "How much do you know about him?"

"I know him as a person but I'm blank about his past, he's very reserved in that matter" I shrugged "Although, lately it's becoming a struggle to contain the urge to ask him."