VI

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Leaning back on the torn captain's chair, Aster tugged the woollen blanket closer to her body as she watched the doors with sombre eyes, waiting for the Doctor and Rose to walk back inside the Tardis.

Just as the brunette had asked, the Time-Lord had taken Cassandra to spend her final moments with her human self. From the moment she had entered Chip's body, she had gotten considerably weaker and it was only a matter of time before she breathed her last breath.

Despite the fact that she had possessed the brunette, Aster still felt saddened at the fact that she wasn't going to make it. Now that she could take a step back and analyse the situation, she understood. All she wanted to do was survive.

Upon the Doctor's arrival at the party, Cassandra had weakly pulled Aster to the side and apologised to which she was forgiven almost instantly. After all, avoiding death was a part of human nature.

Sniffling, Aster used the corner of the blanket to wipe at her teary eyes before she reached down and picked up her mug of Hot Chocolate. Clearing away the lump in her throat, she swallowed a sip of the heavenly substance.

Feeling a warm gust of air brush past her face, the brunette smiled sombrely. The lights in the console room dimmed as she cradled her hot cup in her hands.

Suddenly the door opened with a creek and a downcast Doctor and Rose walked inside. Glancing up, she sighed. Their faces spoke a thousand words, telling her everything she needed to know. Cassandra was dead.

Nodding her head, Aster turned to glance at her cup, finding the chocolaty swirls a lot more interesting. As the Doctor walked past, he combed his fingers through her hair before leaning on his console.

Swallowing thickly, the Time-Lord began twisting dials and tugging on levers as he piloted his ship through time and space with one destination in mind. Earth, 2005.

Glancing at her sister, Rose rolled her eyes. Pathetic. "So, where are we off to next?" She asked as she leaned back against one of the coral pillars, keeping her gaze firmly locked on the Doctor.

The man in question arched his brow, his head lifting to give the blonde a dark look, "Well for starters, I'm taking you home," he said without a shred of hesitation, "Then I'm going to take Aster on a nice trip where you can't hurt her."

Focusing on the man's words, Aster frowned. "Rose?" She asked in confusion as she turned to her sister who was adorning a flabbergasted expression. "W-What does he mean?" From what she could remember, Rose hadn't done anything other than glare at her while making snarky comments.

Although there was a moment of darkness from when she had blacked out while Cassandra was still in control, so unless she had done something then, she didn't deserve to be sent home.