Chapter 3: F̶i̶v̶e Two of a Kind

"It's been so long..." Smg4 smiles, looking around

"So 4, did you want to work on some Duo Training or do we wanna do more Solo Training and Power Up Mario?" 3 asks as he and Mario made it outside

"Actually, I wanted to ask something before we start..." Smg4 put his hands behind his back "I was curious and wanted to know where our Guardian Pods were?"

"Ha! Very funny 4" 3 pats his back "You know 1 and 2 hid them away again after we went to the God Box"

"God... Box?"

"Don't tell me you forgot, The Box Club? Possessed Melony? Niles? Smg0?"

Smg4 shook his head looking at the two men in front of him "I'm sorry... I-I really don't remember...I mean I know Zero well...unless Smg0 is someone different..."

"Glitchy, what do you remember exactly?" Mario asks

"The Dark Web... Mario was Taken... Some Creature beyond our understanding?"

3 and Mario look at each other "The last thing he remembers is our first encounter with Zero in the Dark Web..." Mario realized

"Smg4? What happened?" 3 asked worriedly "Is... Is this the Anti-Memes?"

"If it was... Then you'd surely be effected too, right Smg3?" Mario pointed out "Even if you aren't having the same corruption as 4, you Intook the same amount of Anti-Memes as Glitchy..."

"Then what could be wrong?"

"I... Don't know what Anti-Memes are... But I genuinely feel... Fine? I'm just very confused on how we managed to survive because... I watched Mario and our world die..."

"WHAT!?" Mario and 3 look at each other

"Mario?" Smg3 smiles "A word please?"

Mario nods and the two of them walk aside

"That can't be Glitchy..." Mario put simply

"What? Of course it's him, it's just the Anti Memes Talking... I'm sure he remembers" Smg3 assures him

Mario shook his head "No... I know my Glitchy... That isn't him 3! This isn't a hunch or a guess or anything like that! This genuinely isn't Glitchy..."

"Let's give it a bit, okay Mario? We'll train for a bit then we'll go see Smg1 and 2 and see what they make of this, okay? Smg4 will be fine..."

Mario looked at Smg4 then back at Smg3 and nodded. Sure, he was worried about his best friend, but maybe it was all in his head?

Smg4 and 3 got to work with their training. 4 being very confused, watching 3, then looking at himself.

"See? That's not him!" Mario whispers to 3 "It's like... He's never used his powers before!"

"I'll admit, it is... A bit strange..." 3 rubs the back of his head "We've been Training a while, maybe we can head to Omnia and talk to 1 and 2 now?"

"Omnia?" Smg4 tilts his head

"Let's go... I don't know if this Memory loss is gradual or he could just lose everything in an instant"

They all made their way to Omnia Academy and to the Meme Club Room.

"Oh... We should've asked Mario to come with us, we need an Avatar to Demonstrate!" 2 says as the Guardians and their Avatar openex the Door "3 and Mario! Perfect Timing!" They grabbed both of their hands as they approached and Smg4 followed "So, today we'll be demonstrating the effects of Solo Meme Energy. Energy if a Meme Guardian happens to be alone with their Avatar without their Partner! Smg3 and Mario will demonstrate and Smg1 will explain what's happening!"