Untitled Part 75

Chapter 340: Aftereffect (6)

"You look happy, Elena-nim."

"How can I not be happy? It's about seeing heroes who saved Laios and the continent. It is an honor to be able to actually see them, who I only saw through the Goddess' Mirror. Oh! Look there, Ludwig. I guess it was true that they made a statue of them."

"Yes. You're right."

"The warrior standing at the front is Park Deokgu, the wizard is Han Sora, and the two in the middle are Jung Hayan and Lee Kiyoung. You know, too, right? About the heroes who defeated the evil magic that fell that day. Whoa. I can't believe they look so majestic. We should also honor their achievements in our kingdom. I made a request to my father and mother, but they only said they would consider it. I don't think they intend to... Oh! Do you know that? Ludwig? About the Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung. How devout his faith is, it is said that Goddess Benigore sent him to the continent."

"Yes."

"In an article published directly by the Holy side of the State, the life of Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung is expressed as a struggle against the darkness itself. The demon worshipper foreigner, and this time he blocked the Republic's wicked plan who summoned the demon, so there is a possibility that he is indeed an apostle from the Goddess Benigore... No! Maybe it's not only Goddess Benigore, but Elune's apostle. Whatever the reason, haven't we also had a connection with him? Of course, it's a public matter, but..."

It was an inference that the more I thought about it, the more I nodded.

"Can you believe that mother and father directly ordered the promotion of the Three Kingdoms Alliance? As a result, if you think about it, Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung has served as the bridge. Fate. Just like fate."

"Elena-nim, I understand the excitement, but..."

"Yes. Of course, I always remember what mother and father said."

"I'm glad then. However, we should avoid getting involved in private matters as possible."

"Yes. I know that well, Ludwig. But..."

"There is no such thing as 'but,' Elena. Please behave quietly in the city and refrain from getting in contact with them as much as possible. It doesn't matter that they are heroes. You must remember that they are human, too."

"But our people were saved by Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung..."

"Sigh..."

"Not all humans are the same, Ludwig. I understand you, but I believe some of them will have a clean soul. Not everyone is bad. Recall what happened at Laios that day. They weren't terrified, and they didn't run away. Instead, they stood upright on both feet, facing the demon's threat head-on... No elven or other race would behave like them."

"..."

"I know what you are worried about. However, it is not good to disparage even the heroes who defended the continent."

"I think I made a mistake, Elena. I apologize."

"No. You don't have to apologize to me. More importantly, I guess we will arrive soon."

"Yes."

"I can finally meet them. I really don't know how to express this feeling."

"You don't have to be so nervous."

"Yes. Yes."

I heard him telling me not to be nervous, but I couldn't help but tremble all the same. My heart kept racing.

I would finally face the heroes who had saved the continent. It would be strange not to tremble.

'It's mental.'