Untitled Part 157

Chapter 421: A Problem From Above (4)

[Benignore Statue's Tears of Blood (Semi-mythic)]

[This is the tears of the Goddess Beginore, which is classified as a semi-mythic grade catalyst.]

'It seems like I can use that.'

There was no information on how to use it, so it was impossible to make an accurate judgment about that aspect, but it did state that it could be used.

I was hoping that it would be a mythic-grade, but this was pretty acceptable as well, although I couldn't help but think of them as petty all the same.

'It means that, to get the mythic grade, I have to torture Benignore.'

It was a bit disappointing, but I was still lucky to have found such a thing in that place. Naturally, I wanted to collect the catalysts that were still flowing down its cheeks.

If Pope Basel and the others weren't with me, I would've stuck to that statue like hot glue.

"Oh, God..."

As soon as I looked at the statue again, I heard Pope Basel's sigh.

Even though he had already seen it multiple times, it sounded as if it was still heartbreaking to see for him. Of course, I could understand.

Pope Basel was one of the strongest believers in the Church, and he held the purest faith.

It was normal that he had been battles, but he couldn't have reached such a high position without the will to hold on to his faith constantly.

It was certainly sorrowful to see the statue's appearance in this manner.

Perhaps, if she had looked a little less as if she had been treated unfairly, she wouldn't be looking sad like that.

As a whole, though, the statue of Benignore looked beautiful.

Of course, I didn't know if the image of that Goddess matched the actual appearance of Benignore in the sky.

If there was anything unusual, she had a somewhat unjust-looking face. She was certainly beautiful, but there was resentment all over her expression.

It wasn't unreasonable to think the Goddess looked like she was down, considering she was indeed pouring out tears of blood from her eyes.

"Sniff. Goddess..."

It wasn't just Pope Basel. Priests belonging to levels equal or higher than the Bishop gathered in that place, sighing in such a melancholic manner.

I pretended to pray as I secretly investigated the room. I was worried that something else would happen to the statue.

'Goddess Benignore, are we still on good terms? You're not aiming for my back, are you?'

There was still no answer.

I tried to read the people's faces, but I didn't feel like they were about to do something.

They didn't bring me here to catch me, and they didn't get a pledge from the Goddess Benignore.

It seemed that I could also judge that they didn't know what the cause of this abnormal phenomenon was. It was still too early to come to a conclusion, but at least it seemed okay to let go of the delusion that Benignore had indeed fallen and gone crazy.

It was a little disappointing, but it wasn't bad, either.

"S-So, did you hear it, Honorary Cardinal? The Goddess' voice..."

"Hmm..."

'What should I tell them?'

I wanted to hold a lying party confidently while nodding, but I opted for the opposite response instead. However, if I told him that I had realized something, I would be able to see the Church's reaction.