Untitled Part 142

Chapter 406: Last Battle (3)

It wasn't my first time joining the frontlines.

Although I had been away from the scene for so long, I had already faced all sorts of dangers just following Kim Hyunsung from the early days of Blue. In fact, I used to participate in melee battles frequently.

However, those were only small scale skirmishes or dungeons.

It was the first time that I had fought in a large-scale battle between humans.

I had to admit that the feeling was different from when I looked at the situation through screens.

The heat of the battle. The noises and screams that reverberated across the field, and the thick smell of blood and sweat.

I wasn't flustered, but I couldn't help but frown at the unfamiliar environment I was in.

'I guess I shouldn't have come down.'

It was uncomfortable to be in the middle of the battlefield after leaving the safe rear seat, but that train had already departed.

I had come too far to regret it now.

It looked as if the shock felt by the frontlines was felt all the way to the backlines. I could see the warriors up at the first row beginning to mix up among the enemy soldiers.

Bang!

Crash!

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

"Shit!"

"Gather up! Gather up!"

"Son of a bitch!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Crack!

Even my eyes now failed to see the events properly.

All I could witness were the backs of our allied forces struggling to push back the enemies, their armors and shields constantly banging against each other.

I wouldn't have been able to understand the situation properly if I hadn't been an eye user.

Unlike my confused mind, my eyes continued to receive information around me.

Even walking felt difficult due to the bodies of those who had already fallen.

It was amazing as to how our allies keep breaking through the enemy forces.

Looking at the situation carefully again, I could see Park Deokgu wielding his shield with a crumpled face.

Watching him stick by my side as he pushed the opponents away with a shield constantly reminded me of the tutorial.

The guy blocked, and I stabbed in return.

Of course, I didn't do that at the moment, but I was reminded about how reliable he was in battle. It was a method that usually only worked for tutorial monsters, but it would be quite efficient in a place with limited space to move.

Soldiers behind the frontal force continued to thrust their spears beyond the shield wall in my stead.

"Hyung-nim, are you following me properly?"

"Keep looking ahead. Don't mind me."

"I-I said I got it. Which way are we going?"

"West. Joining the nearest unit should be our goal for now."

"Got it. Can you follow without any problems? I have no idea what's happening, but I'll definitely take you there."

"Okay, focus, Deokgu."