Picnic time?

Ever since I had met Karin, I had been teaching her and her mother Kenjutsu. I had also moved in with them to make my job of teaching them easier, I was welcomed with warm arms which was very kind of them. They weren't the best at Kenjutsu though, but they were beginners, so I wasn't expecting much. They both had so much determination to learn, so I taught them to the best of my ability. 

I also taught them seals whenever I got the chance, because they were Uzumaki's meaning that they would have a natural talent in dealing with them. I was right, and they also really enjoyed learning the different things that the seals could do. They also liked learning the different ways to make them, and all the materials you could use.

I wanted to leave the village right then, because I thought we were prepared enough, but I still had to work out the finer details in my plan and they couldn't protect themselves well enough to camp out in the wild, much less escape the village. If we had to fight our way out, I wasn't sure if I would be able to protect them completely. They might need a little bit longer to hold their own in a fight. I didn't know how they would fare against the villagers, much less any ninja inside or outside the village.

----------------------------------

I had been there for about a week now and Karin was showing exceptional skills in the Kenjutsu, and Sealing fields. As I had said before, she was a fast learner and we got along decently well most of the time. She had always been a good child and was very timid.

I had started taking her out into the forest with me so that I could gather more plants for things like medicine and seasoning. Karin wanted to learn cooking as well so that she could ease her mother's burdens a little bit, so she had also been helping me cook dinners for her mother. I also thought that it would be very beneficial for survival to teach Karin, and possibly her mother, all the herbs she could use to survive living in the wild. All in all, I have been very busy this past week.

"What are you thinking about?" Karin asked.

"Everything that we've done this past week. You've been progressing very well!" I said while patting her head. 

Karin liked affection so she often gave hugs and lit up if you pet her head. I think this is another reason why we've been able to get so close in such little time. While I was patting Karin's head, I thought of something amazing.

"Hey Karin?"

"Hm?"

"When your mother comes home, I have something amazing to show you!"

"Why can't I see it now?" She said while pouting.

"Because It'll be a fun adventure! Do you want to help me make food for this fun adventure until your mother comes home?"

"Yes!"
----------------------------------
3rd POV:

Tsuyoi walked into her house after a long day at the clinic, if you can even call it that, to the smell of brownies.

"I'm home!"

"Welcome home Mom!"

"Welcome home! I just finished baking some brownies! I also made lunch!"
----------------------------
1st POV:

I had just finished baking with Karin's help when her mom walked in through the front door. We welcomed her home, as I know she always has a hard time at "work" (which is basically her just being taken advantage of).

"I have an idea, if you're interested of course." I said to Tsuyoi with a mischievous smile on my face.

She picked up a brownie and thought about it for a moment while she ate the brownie. "I'll listen to this idea because the brownies you made were so good." She said, but I knew she would've listened to it anyway like the good friend she was.

"Would you like to go on a picnic? You guys don't do much except train most of the time, or bear with the nasty attitudes of the stupid people you call the villagers of this place." I asked this with the hope that they would agree to some time off. We don't have to go right away, and people work better with breaks anyway.

"Of course, we will go a picnic sounds fun, besides Karin has never been on a picnic because we couldn't find enough time to get the villagers to leave us alone." Tsuyoi said with the hope of getting away from the villagers while also spending some quality time with the two people she cared about most. 

I had already set up the picnic and baked the food so all I had left to do was take them to the place. I had spent some of my free time looking for a place that was good for a picnic and had found the perfect place. It was a place where cherry blossom trees grew no matter the season, which also happened to be very beautiful. It was a nice calming place that I knew both Karin and Tsuyoi would like.

It didn't matter that Tsuyoi was older than me, I knew her well enough to the point where she felt like a mother figure, and I knew her preferences well. Since me and all the other children were orphans, I felt a sense of comfort being around Tsuyoi and Karin who had begun to feel like my sister and mother.

I led them to the place, and we had a very nice picnic. It was enjoyable watching Karin and Tsuyoi relax and try new foods that they've never had before. I was about to walk home with them until something caught my eye. I excused myself and went to go find what I thought I had seen.

My suspicions were confirmed when I found my bird, cal, with a letter in her beak. I picked up the letter and it said...

Dear Ako,

We are ready for you, so you should start heading back. I got the letter about the mother and child that you found. It's good news to hear that there are some Uzumaki's left out there, this little bit of news has everyone in a good mood. Hope you are doing well, and please come back safely! 

-your friend

I guess I'll have to speed up my plans a little bit....

—————————-
Sorry guys for not updating more. I didn't have the motivation to write and I wasn't expecting for people to still be reading it tbh. I wrote this for you but I still don't know I I'll update often. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed the story, I also fixed some mistakes and small plot holes that I didn't know I made. How are you guys doing today tho?

-the author