Part 11

"Hello, I am Kevin. Alex's best friend. No no, hey I am Kevin, Alex's boss. Nope. Hey there new employee I am Kevin your boss. Nope, that's too formal.Hey, I am Alex, Kevin's boss. God damn what's wrong with me". I chuckled at Kevin who was talking to the mirror for the past 1 hour. I texted him if he wants to come for dinner at Snow's house and he said yes. Well, Kevin is a little scared of meeting my ex or the fact that my ex is working under him makes him a little nervous. He suddenly turned around and asked, "What shall I say?". My hands were busy with my phone trying to get some good pictures of myself since I had none to upload in my pfp (profile pic).

I said "Say this, Hey I am Kevin. Nice to meet you, Snow. That's it, you don't need to panic over these things." Kevin picked up a glass of wine and poured some for himself while he said "But then Snow would think I am rude. I rather treat her like my daughter you know." I stopped taking pictures and gave him a 'so done' face.

He suddenly said "Fine fine I won't ship you both but you my man, I know how much you love her. You talked about her to me when You joined this company when we used to go out for drinks at night. I still miss those nights." I looked at him and thought about those nights when we both used to laugh and cry about little things in our lives. Kevin had told me he loved a woman but had to leave her cause she was a gold digger.

I would laugh about it and not believe him because of our drunken state. I hugged him and said, "Let's go have a drink afterward if you like Kevin." His eyes lit up "Anything for drinks my boy." I chuckled and thought how can someone not even like him? He is so soft and polite if you let him tell you about himself. He might be the same age as my dad if he was here. But he is more strong and smarter than men his age should be.

We both left my house and reached Snow's house. The drawing was still there which made me wonder if Snow drew it or made Winter draw it forcefully with her hands. As I rang the bell, Kevin said "Let's your future wife shall we?" He seemed too happy but his smile would fade away after seeing her because she would have someone in her arms and that's enough for Kevin to understand.  It happened, his smile faded away as Snow opened the door with Winter in her arms. Winter had some tears on her cheeks indicating she might have cried before we arrived. Kevin's eyes were on Winter for a while and Snow's eyes were wide open with the fact I got our boss with me. There was silence for a while then I spoke in a soft voice"Kevin this is Snow and her daughter Winter. Snow this is Kevin."

Kevin's hands were shaking as he said: "Hey I am Alex, Kevin's boss. Oh sorry I am Kevin, Alex's boss. Oh god I am your boss. Ok I am your boss. Hello there". He messed it up as I sighed. Snow nodded her head and told us to get inside. Kevin sat on the sofa as I went inside the kitchen with Snow to tell her about it.

Snow was holding Winter and trying to put the cookies in the oven but she couldn't so I did it instead.  Snow whispered "Alex he is our boss. I am afraid this isn't the right time to invite him." I replied, "Don't worry if you don't want him over then I will ask him to leave."
She said, "But that's a little rude isn't it?"
I sighed "He won't feel bad Snow. He is a good friend besides being a cold boss ".
She looked outside the kitchen and saw Kevin looking around the house with a smile on his face. She said, "It's okay, I will manage." She was about to leave as I held her hand softly and said "Don't worry, he is nice trust me." She looked into my eyes and said "I always trust you".

She trusts me. Trust. She does trust me. What does she mean by it? I was standing there like a fool until Snow yelled my name for the third time. I went outside the kitchen and sat on the sofa with Kevin and Snow. There was silence again and I said "Well, the cookies would take some time. How about we open gifts?" Snow nodded and said in a baby voice to Winter "Winter let's open some gifts for you baby."
Kevin chuckled and said in a baby voice too "Kevin grandpa got some gifts for you too." Grandpa.

Snow and I looked at Kevin with a confused faces. Kevin looked back and asked "What? I am literally old enough to be called Grandpa. No way the Baby is gonna call me Uncle would she?" Snow laughed and then stopped with the fear of getting scolded by her boss. I couldn't hold my laughter since Kevin made a baby face and sat with it for a while. Winter was looking at us as if she couldn't understand the environment.

I gave Snow the gift I brought for her. It was a necklace with her initial name. She seemed happy with it but seemed to hide it in front of Kevin. I gifted Kevin a watch and turns out he has the same one and I wasted my money on Christmas too. Snow gifted me a little snow globe and said "You always wanted one when we were young."
Of course, it's normal to gift your ex the things they want. Or is it not normal?
I really want to know what's on her mind but I need to have some of her alone time for that.

Kevin gifted me and Snow a watch with an alarm feature and said "Yes because you both are late. Always." He gifted Winter a nice little pink bow. We all had dinner while I was observing how Kevin and Snow were bonding by talking about the new car project Snow had gotten into.
They seemed to get along. We finally head out after our talks Kevin said "You remember your words, young man?" I nodded.