Failed opening

"Yeah, I'm not doing that" I said as I hang up the call and sighed in frustration. I was about to open the door when it violently opened and the familiar costume appeared next to me. He was surprised to see me so close to the door and I used that second of hesitation to punch him in the face as hard as I cold. He lost his balance which allowed me to rush out of the bathroom, still only wearing underwear.

I tried to grab the gun I hid in the living room but the killed grabbed my hair and pulled me into him. "Now you're going to die just like your stupid sister or you can tell me were Sidney's hiding" he whispered with his modified voice. Poor choice or words as this made me furious. I gave him a headbutt forcing him to let go of my hair but he literally threw himself over me. I quickly grabbed a pillow and placed it between us so that when he started stabbing, the only thing he killed was Gale's poor taste in home decorating.

"I'm not going to be your fucking opening kill" I yelled as I gathered all my strength and used my legs and feet to push his body on the side. I got up and tried to run to the door but he grabbed my hand and attempted to stab my bare stomach. I dodged but the blade left a big scar going from my left side to the right one. Once again, I punched him straight in the face, forcing him to back off.

When I finally reached the door and ran out of the house, Gale's car parked on my driveway. I jumped in the car and locked the doors. I didn't have to say anything, she started driving as soon as I sat on the passenger seat. It took me a few seconds to notice that Dewey was seating on the backseat.

"Oh my- Y/n are you okay?" Gale asked, worry painted all over her face, as she drove us away.

"Have you seen the size of this fucking wound?" I sassily answered. It looked like a caesarean section but instead of being on the lower stomach, it was right above my bellybutton. "I was taking a bath when my phone started ringing so I put on what I could before I answered. This asshole tried to make me his fucking opening kill! I'm an og for god's sake!" I snapped now completely furious about what just happened.

"I'm driving you to the hospital, I think you need stitches" Gale said while looking at my freshly bruised skin. Dewey was about to talk Gale's phone started ringing. She was focused on the road so she asked me to pick it up.

"Gale Weathers' assistant, what can I do for you?" I joked, earning an amused look from the woman.

"You didn't want to play with me Y/n? Someone will die because of you tonight; I'm going to have to find someone else who can tell me were Sidney is" the voice spoke trying to sound creepy.

"Yeah, ask your mom douchebag" I answered sounding as bratty as I possibly could before hanging up.

"What did he want?" Dewey asked as soon as I put the phone back where it was.

"He wants to know where Sidney is but nobody knows except her dad and he's over there right now so I don't see who the fucker's going to threaten" I explained trying to think of anyone but I couldn't figure it out.

We arrived at the local hospital and I was immediately taken care of while my brother called the police to tell them about what just happened. After a few minutes, Dewey and Gale walked back into the room and I could see on their faces that something was wrong. Dewey cleared his throat and started to speak.

"Cotton Weary and his girlfriend were just murdered"

"Weren't they at the hotel? How come they got killed and no one heard anything?" I asked as I couldn't believe what my brother just told me.

"By the time someone got to their room it was too late but the weirdest thing is that they found Maureen Prescott's picture on the crime scene" he hesitantly explained.

"The police's going to try to involve Sidney, that's not good" I spoke to myself as I got dressed. I was about to get up when a man walked in.

"Y/n Riley, I'm Detective Mark Kincaid, I'm in charge of the Weary's case" he introduced himself handing out his hand for me to shake which I politely did.

"They gave it to you or you requested to have it?" I asked looking directly into his eyes. He seemed confused by the question so I added "The case, how did you get the case?"

"It was given to me, Miss Riley" he answered knowing fully well what I was implying. "You know, it's funny when I talked to Gale in the hall she asked me the exact same question" he chuckled.

"Well, it's our third time and you're a new character, we know what that means" I said as I stood up. Gale looked at me with a proud smile.

"Right. I need you to tell me where Sidney Prescott is, she could be helpful for this" he demanded and I knew my answer was going to disappoint him.

"I have no idea where she is" I answered with a bratty smile.

"I think you know exactly where she is and if you don't quit the attitude, I'm going to have to arrest you" he spoke with a slightly angrier tone.

"I didn't know being a brat was a violation of the law" I chuckled before walking past him. Gale followed me and Dewey just stood there with a sorry smile.

"Is she always like that?" the detective asked as we walked out of the hospital room.

"She had to go through things no one should have to go through and she survived it, she built this armour to scare people off but she's actually really nice" I heard Dewey tell the other man.

He was right, I've changed since what happened to Tatum and Randy. I don't want to trust people anymore and I certainly don't want to let anyone close enough to hurt me when they'll leave if that makes sense. Sometimes I just wonder how my life would be if I hadn't answered Tatum's phone call. Maybe her and Randy would still be alive or maybe they wouldn't and Sidney would still hate me for abandoning them.

A/N - I need your opinion on something, do you like the new cover? The old one was very simple and I didn't really like so I made this one but I don't really know how I feel about it. I hope you're doing well, take care 💕