Persephone Flew Too Close To The Sun

"Alright, whose turn is it on this death trap?"

"It's Pete's turn, I think. How're you holding up there, man?"

"I'm experiencing, like, twenty different muscle cramps but I'm doing great! Y/n, hurry and spin the dial!"

I looked up from my phone and sighed at the entangled limbs on the Twister mat. I told those three idiots that playing this game was a bad idea, but they chose to ignore me. Beside the entangled limbs of my silly companions laid the spinner in which I was in charge of. I bent down and thwacked the dial with my index finger and thumb. I watched it spin and spin and spin and spin-

"Your position is....right hand, yellow!" I announced.

"Yellow?! Seriously?! Do you know how far that is?!" Pete yelled, hesitating to move his arm.

"Oh my gods, do it! Didn't you say that you had impeccable balance and flexibility? Or was that a bluff?" Danny jeered.

"Eh, he'll probably be fine. Kore decided his fate after all, he should accept it and not be a fucking wuss!" Arny added to the bullying.

"Okay, okay! I'm going to do it! Quit rushing me!" Pete sighed, exasperated.

Turns out, fate really did him dirty. As soon as Pete lifted his arm, he lost his balance and crashed into Danny's back which in turn caused the three-stack to fall on top of each other. Now it was a mess of body parts and wings smeared onto the floor. 

The boys started a commotion by arguing with each other, a sound that I have become strangely fond of hearing. I shook my head and laughed, adding myself to the cacophony of bodies. Danny managed to find me and gently toss himself into my arms. I kissed his forehead and stroked his horns. He purred and showered my face with kisses, which I squeak happily at.

"Y'all need to find a game that you're actually good at. I can't bear to watch failure after failure," I said. "Though I have to admit, your misery is kinda funny."

"Oh, ha-ha, very damn funny, Y/n! You chose not to suffer with us!" Pete huffed.

"Work smarter, not harder." I replied, laughing.

"Well, suffering or not, I'm enjoying this. It gets me thinking about so many things." Arny buts in.

The thunder child smiled at me, I had to return the smile. He was beginning to concern me even more now, and Danny still refuses to say anything to me. I fear entertaining Arny's madness and it's going to stay that way. Especially, his talk of 'changing the course of fate' recently. Nobody knows what he's talking about, I don't want to figure out what it could mean. So for now, I wait patiently for something to happen. 

"I'm hungry, do we have anything in the fridge?"

"Mmmmm, nope. We can go out and buy something. Chinese?"

(Time skip)

"Mhm, that's it. I'm full to the brim." Pete said, resting his head on the dinner table.

"Good," I said. "I wasted a lotta money on this."

Danny kissed my hands as a thank you for the food. I smiled and returned the kiss. I felt the piercing eyes of Arny staring into my soul, I knew I couldn't avoid him. I just had to know what was going on. If Danny won't tell me, I'll have to make the worst decision to get what I want.
After cleaning up our mess, I tapped the thunder child on the shoulder to get his attention. All he did was smile when he turned around, like he was expecting me to speak with him.

"Um, can we talk? Like, in private?" I asked.

"Of course we can talk. To the living room?" He replied.