Pomegranate Seeds (Ending)

"Enough!"

Life was at a stand still. I could feel my heartbeat- no, I could feel my newfound power pulsate through my veins. The plan was simple: fight fire with fire.

"Y/n, darling! Stay back! This is too dangerous!" Danny pleaded.

I ignored Danny and turned my attention to Arny, whose face was screaming for me to challenge him.

"I'm sorry, but I have to end this. You can rest now, darling." I said, and a small smile crept onto my lips.

Out stretching my hand, a large bouquet of flowers grew out from the ground and catapulted Danny in the air. I didn't give him a chance to use his wings to catch himself as with the twist of my other hand, a vine shot up and wrapped itself around the demon. I lowered the vine and plopped Danny next to Pete.

"What the fuck are you doing? You can't do this on your-"

As I inhaled, the ground began to shake. My eyes stayed rested on Arny, just so I could show off. Then I exhaled, a hedge surrounded the circumference that contained me and Arny. Obviously, I made sure that Danny and Pete were on the other side of the hedge. Now all of my focus was on the agent of Zeus.

"I have to admit, Kore. I'm kinda impressed." Arny cooed. "You managed to master your abilities in such little time."

"My name is Y/n, not Kore." I spat.

It's true, on the walk here I had managed to tap into my godly power (while using Pete as my test subject). I can put out enough power to at least defend myself. But I know it's not enough. I have no idea how to fight, I've been a pacifist all my life.

"Well, Y/n....as much as I'm proud of you for mastering your power, your pretty flower show isn't going to scare me." Arny retorted.

Then I realized, maybe if you had something to fight for, then the will to fight will come to you. I know it's silly to think like that but that's the only reason why I forced myself to move. I have something to fight for.

"Listen, your plan to change my fate clearly didn't work. And the fact that you're still trying to take me down- trying to take Danny down- is absolutely fucking cruel." I condemned the thunder child. "You're fucking cruel, Arny! You have no idea what love truly is!"

"Oh? How so?" He asked.

Yeah, I'll show him alright! I have been sick and tired of living in contention....sick and tired of living in confusion....sick and tired of living in fear. No more, I say, no fucking more. I have had it with all this bullshit. I flared my nostrils, out stretching my hands to summon my next botanical attack.

But something else happened.

Instead of a rush of flora lunging at my opponent, in my hands appeared a scythe. The weapon's blade smelt like the fragrance of earthly elements, it had a mesmerizing, euphoric glow which was reminiscent of blooming flowers in the early spring morning. It had engravings of intricate symbols depicting colourful flowers. The handle was made from polished wood, with vines and leaves intertwining around the wooden handle. Its length was perfectly balanced in my hands, giving me a comfortable and easy control.

I eyed the scythe in awe. I....did this? I materialized a scythe from thin air?! I didn't know that I could do any of that. My anger created a weapon, and I'll use this to my advantage. I pointed the scythe at Arny, who whistled with morbid curiousity.

"Like that, huh, Kore? Fine, then I won't go easy on you either." He said.

And just like that, Arny charged for me. I gripped tightly on the scythe's handle, thinking quickly of my first move. I was scared, but determined at the same time. I was filled with hatred but love at the same time. There was no point to hold back, so I rushed forward with all the strength I had.