8. The Plane: Holiday, Pt. 1

Half-term at last! Finally, no more homework, lots of sleep... perfect...

"Hello, kiddos!" Canada beamed, bursting into the living room. "Happy holidays! I have a surprise for you!" His coonskin hat flopped over his face as he placed his phone down on the table and sitting down on the remaining beanbag beside the fireplace. "We're going on holiday!"

"Where?" Alberta asked, eyebrows raised, "and... why?"

Smile fading, Nada answered, shrugging, "Well, I'm going to visit my mother on Wednesday, so I thought we may as well stay in the UK for a few weeks, seeing as we'll be there!"

"Oh...."

"Come on, kiddos," Canada pleaded, "At least try to enjoy yourselves... for me?"

Most of the provinces agreed that perhaps a trip would make a good, relaxing break, under the condition that they were to choose their preferred location, of course. Only Quebec remained stubborn and refused the trip under that agreement, but there wasn't much that could be done about that.

"Right, people!" Ontario declared, "You lot get packing, me and Mai will check Trip Advisor!"

~Time skip to Tuesday night, brought to you by Ontario's screen breaking because Tim Hortons doughnut filling somehow ended up jamming up the screen~

"How much longer?!" PEI whined, staring up at the flight boards.

"Deux heures," New Brunswick sighed, "We've been delayed again..."

"Aghhh!" Nova Scotia screamed, much to the alarm of the US States queueing behind her and the others.

"Err. Want to get food or something? There's a Swiss Chalet over there," Canada pointed out, somehow still sounding cheery.

This was a fairly good idea, seeing as it was almost midnight and nobody had eaten since the previous lunchtime. The fast food on offer at Toronto Airport was suddenly extremely highly appreciated as the provinces realised quite how ravenous they had become.

At last, after an hour and a half later of waiting, the flight to Leeds began to board. For the next seven and a half hours, they would be stuck in a metal box together in the middle of nowhere, and that's not even including the drive to York. Best not to think about that, the provinces silently agreed.

1 AM:

Canada: There's nothing to do here... Are you bored?

Ontario: No, I'm Ontario.

Canada:

Canada: ..

Canada: Let's go to sleep.

2 AM:

New Brunswick, singing: Let it gooooo, let it goooo, can't hold it back any moreeee.

Quebec, also singing: Shut upppp, shut upppp, or I'll yeet you out the doooorrrrrr..

3 AM - 7 AM:

Nobody:

Absolutely no one:

Not even Quebec:

Saskatchewan: CHEESE IS JUST A LOAF OF MILK!!!!

7:30 AM:

Pilot: Fasten your seatbelts and turn off your electronics, we are preparing to land!

British Colombia: Why?

PEI: Why what?

B.C: What do you mean, 'why what'?

PEI: What?

B.C: Why the 'what'?

PEI: WHAT

B.C: 'WHAT' WHAT?

Manitoba: .what...?

Both: EXACTLY!

[What even is this-

Anyway, to be continued...]