ONE

𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗝𝗜 𝗟𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗡 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚          Location : Upper West Side, Manhattan              Date + Time : March 18th, 12:40 a

                        𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗝𝗜 𝗟𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗡 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚
          Location : Upper West Side, Manhattan
             Date + Time : March 18th, 12:40 a.m
             * make sure to vote and comment *

   THE SMELL OF MILDEW wafted around the inside of one of the more older subway cars as the train started to slow down, making a nineteen year old Sanji look up from having her head in her lap. Watching the train come to a stop and the doors slide open, Sanji pushed herself up by using the cold metal pole and exited the train car.

Since it was almost one in the morning, there wasn't nobody in sight in the train station. She had loved being outside at night when everything was quiet, she thought the nighttime was almost peaceful. Hearing a crack of thunder while making her way out of the train station, she sighed lightly and went through the turnstile before going up the train station steps.

Rain started to pour into the train station as Sanji stood at the bottom of the steps. She had no umbrella and just a light denim jean jacket on with her bohemian passion twisted hair uncovered. Remembering that she had her AirPods in, she lifted her hand up to pull them out of both of her ears and slide them into her black essentials sweatpants.

Jogging up the train steps, the cold rain started to pour onto her, sliding down her chest and back making her completely soaked. Turning the corner quickly, she started to speed walk down the dark New York City blocks seeing barely anyone in sight — just cars with their bright headlights on.

Instead of walking the long way to her building, she took the shortcut through the tall brown project buildings that would give her some protection from the rain because of the dark green scaffolding. She had always taken this shortcut when she needed to, although she had never been inside of the buildings because she didn't feel a need to. Sanji wasn't one for exploring places she's never been in.

Her gold cursive nameplate necklace that most New York girls had started to hit against her chest with each step she took. The lights under the scaffolding lit up Sanji's way as she passed one of the buildings where she saw a group of people standing inside the lobby smoking. A look of remembrance fell onto Sanji's face as she realized that she needed to stop at the store and get more papers.

Feeling her phone vibrating against her leg, the brownskin girl slid her green iPhone 13 out of her pocket and saw that her sixteen year old brother — Drew — was calling her as she picked up " Yes Drew ". She heard a yawn come through the phone as she continued to trudge her way up the block " Where you at ? It's raining mad hard, had to make sure you wasn't dead ".

A small smile formed on Sanji's face as a crack of lightning illuminated the sky, making her body jump out of reflex " Surprisingly I'm not but I'm up the block, going to the store. You ate anything or do you not want nothing ? ". Her brother was like her twin and they were inseparable, their bond had always been tight " Just get me some airhead extremes and some papers ".