2

"Dazai, I'm back," Oda announced as he walked into their shared apartment.

"Welcome home," Dazai smiled, draping himself over the back of the couch so he was upside down looking at his stepbrother. He never really thought of Oda as anything other than his actual older brother. The two were inseparable. They took care of each other, and almost never fought over something that wasn't resolved within a couple of hours.

"How are you doing? How was work?" Oda asked as he walked over and collapsed onto the couch.

"Good. Atsushi had me make a bouquet for him today. Nothing else very interesting," The brunette shrugged. "How about you?" Their jobs were vastly different. Oda was a mechanic and Dazai was a florist. Always something interesting to hear from the other.

"Pretty good. I got to work on a pretty old car today," The redhead responded with a small shrug. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. I'm staying the night at a friend's house, I'm getting dinner with him."

"Is it that Chuuya guy I always see over at the shop?"

"Um.. yeah, actually," Dazai chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You two seem pretty close."

"Mhm."

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

The question was weird to Dazai. What did he mean by that? He glanced over and caught a glimpse of the smirk resting on his older brother's lips. His face went red.

"It's not like that. Just friends."

"Sure it isn't," Oda chuckled, shaking his head. "Do you feel like you can't tell me? I'll obviously support you, you know that," Oda was referring to his relationship with his fiancé, Ango. Dazai had grown pretty fond of his brother's lover. They were pretty different, yet such a loving couple. Ango was a really good guy.

"...Fine. But you can't tell anyone," Dazai said after a brief moment of thought. "Chuuya and I have been together for five years," he admitted with a sigh of defeat.

"That's better," Oda joked with a chuckle, ruffling Dazai's messy brown hair.

Oda thought it was funny how Dazai and Chuuya thought they were being so secretive. You could ask anyone, and they'd all say that the two definitely have something going on between them.

"Anyway. I just wanted to stick around until you got home so I could tell you I'd be gone," Dazai sighed.

"Okay. Have fun. Be safe, wear a condom," Oda half joked, wanting to embarrass his little brother. It worked.

"Goodbye!" The brunette yelled a bit too quickly, his face red as a tomato as he walked to his room and grabbed the bag he had stuffed with a change of clothes and a few things he'd need. He waved to Oda once more before stepping out the door and walking to his car. He tossed the bag into the passenger seat.

It wasn't a very far drive. Chuuya lived fairly close, and Dazai liked going just a tiny bit over the speed limit. He knocked to let Chuuya know he was coming in before he opened the door. "I'm here," he called out with a smile.

"Took you long enough," Chuuya emerged from around the corner. His bright orange hair was pulled up into a messy bun and he wore a slightly too big band t-shirt (that he stole from dazai) over shorts. A very cute combo that made the brunette smile. "Go put your stuff in my room. I picked a movie and I made popcorn," the shorter male hummed as he walked back into his living room and sat on the couch. He was so sweet when he wanted to be, it was both confusing and captivating. Dazai loved the little things like that about him.

The bandage-covered man did as he was told. He dropped the bag on the floor in Chuuya's room and came back. He curled up with the ginger, letting the other lay in his arms while they watched the movie.

"Dazai?" Chuuya spoke after the movie ended.

"Yeah?"

"I love you," the words were drawn out, a sigh leaving Chuuya's lips at the same time of the phrase.

"I love you more," Dazai responded without hesitation, kissing his head softly.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"I love you way more."

"Impossible."

Eventually the two found themselves unable to keep their eyes open. Dazai carried Chuuya to his room and laid him down, crawling into bed next to him. The room was quiet as the two got tangled up in each other and fell asleep, arms tightly around the other as if they would disappear if either of them let go.