10

Chuuya finally understood how Dazai felt after losing Oda. He still felt lost, his loneliness eating him from the inside. He was getting thinner. He wasn't sleeping. He was barely showing up to work. He had to fight to get out of bed in the morning, his life felt meaningless in a way. He hadn't taken the ring off since the day in the flower shop. It felt like all he had left of Dazai.

He had a plan.

A plan to get better.

A plan to not feel the lonely pain anymore.

He always got upset at Dazai for his suicidal and reckless behavior. For his lack of self-preservation and his constant talk about wanting to die.

Maybe he understood him now.

The cold wind bit his skin as he stared at the river below. He was standing up on a hand railing of the tallest bridge near Yokohama he could find.

He couldn't handle it anymore.

The guilt, the sadness, the emptiness. It was unbearable. He just wanted to see Dazai again.

He stared down at the ring on his finger, tears falling from his face as he took a shaky breath. He leaned forward, closing his eyes as he jumped from the structure. Time seemed to slow down as it did in the hospital. All he could hear was his heavy breathing, all he could feel was the cold wind against his bare cheeks. He didn't even feel it when he hit the water. The redhead felt the sting after, and the aching pain that followed though. Then everything just went black.