9

Chuuya exhaled softly as he stepped into the flower shop, the mixed smell of all the flowers hitting him with a force that almost made him stumble backward. It smelled like Dazai. Or rather, Dazai smelled like it. He always smelled wonderful, like flowers on a spring afternoon. That was one of the things Chuuya adored. His cologne complimented the flower smell. It was something Chuuya vividly remembered. Laying on Dazai's chest, letting the world just fade away around them.

A sob found its way out of Chuuya's throat.

He just let the tears fall as he leaned against the counter, breathing in all that was left of that scent he loved so much.

"Chuuya?"

The redhead turned around, looking up at Ango. He quickly wiped his eyes. "Hm?"

A sigh left the older man's lips. "I know what you're feeling right now... I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Atsushi found this in Dazai's room. He said you should have it since it was going to be yours anyway," Ango said, holding out a small black box. Chuuya tilted his head in confusion and took it, slowly opening it. He gasped, letting the box fall to the ground. It was a ring. Dazai was planning on proposing. "He told me about it a few weeks ago. He was... really excited. I'm sorry..." Ango's voice broke as he turned to the side, trying to hide a few tears that Chuuya just barely saw.

"Thank you..." Chuuya spoke quietly, afraid he'd burst out into tears if he raised his voice any higher.

After Ango left, Chuuya picked up the box and pulled the ring out. He slowly slipped it onto his finger, admiring it.

That was all it took. He was crying again.