4

The drive was about two and a half hours. By now it was around 11 pm. Dazai parked on a spot just off the road and got out, opening the door for Chuuya. "Follow me."

Using the flashlight on Chuuya's phone, the two walked quite a ways until they came upon a small clearing in a patch of woods. It was the perfect spot to see the stars. Unfortunately, it was pretty cloudy, so not all the stars were in view. It was still a nice place though. They sat down and stared up at the sky. Admiring the few constellations they could see while cuddling was really nice. That was, until Chuuya felt a small droplet of water on his cheek. His brow furrowed. "Dazai, I think it's starting to rain. Did you not check the weather before we left?"

Dazai felt a droplet on his nose. "I didn't look, I figured it would be fine," the brunette sighed, standing up and pulling his boyfriend up with him. "We better run, unless you want to get soaked," he chuckled. The rain had started falling faster. That was way more than enough motivation for Chuuya to start sprinting. He held Dazai's hand, pulling the taller male behind him. When they finally made it back to the car, they were only a little wet. Not too bad. Chuuya was panting softly, his eyes closing as he sank down in the passenger seat. Dazai crawled into the driver's side, also panting. He let out a breathless chuckle.

"Maybe that was a bad idea."

"I'm never letting you take me anywhere ever again without making sure you've checked the weather."

"Fair enough."

The sound of rain falling against the car was calming. Dazai looked over at Chuuya and smiled. "You're so pretty."

"Wha- where did that come from?" Chuuya raised his eyebrow.

Dazai shrugged in response. "I just think you're very pretty."

Chuuya rolled his eyes, but smiled. He leaned over and caught Dazai's lips with his own, his bright blue eyes fluttering closed. Dazai was quick to return the kiss. His hands moved to hold the smaller male's waist.

Dazai pulled away after a few seconds. "Backseat?" he whispered, out of breath.

Chuuya nodded. "Backseat."

-

When the two finally made it back to Chuuya's house, it was almost 4 am. Chuuya was passed out, leaning against the door, covered with Dazai's jacket while the brunette drove. When they got there, Dazai was careful to not wake his boyfriend. He carried him inside, carefully changed him into more comfortable pajamas, and set him down on the bed. He got changed and laid down next to his lover, pulling a blanket over the two of them.

"Night, Chuu. I love you..."