6

The next few days were hard. Packing up some of Oda's things, planning the funeral, deciding what to keep and what not to keep. Dazai was changing. Slowly, but it was getting out of hand. He was drinking a lot. Chuuya noticed that he constantly smelled like alcohol. No big deal, he just lost his brother, of course he'd be trying to cope with that. So Chuuya let it go for a while and didn't think about it. The brunette had taken weeks off of work. Again, he was grieving and needed the time. Chuuya wasn't too concerned.

Oda's funeral seemed to break Dazai. He returned to work the week after, but he was different. He always looked tired and upset about something. He'd get mad at himself for small things and he stopped being as social.

To say that Chuuya was scared would be an understatement. He knew Dazai was brave enough to attempt suicide. Now that he had a more reason to end his life, would he..? The thought scared Chuuya. He found himself thinking about Dazai more, and it was incredibly distracting. He had a hard time focusing at work now.

"Osamu, I'm here," Chuuya announced as he opened the door to Dazai's apartment and walked in. The only response he received was a small grunt from Dazai, who was laying on the couch. Chuuya sighed softly. He walked in and knelt down on the ground in front of his boyfriend. He carefully brushed his fingers through Dazai's hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Not great, if I'm being honest."

"I can tell. I brought food, I figured we could cuddle for a while," Chuuya shrugged. Dazai didn't respond, he just held his arms out to Chuuya as he sat up a bit. The redhead sat down and snuggled up to him. "You smell like alcohol. How much have you had to drink today?"

"You're one to lecture me about drinking too much," Dazai rolled his eyes a bit, a quiet chuckle escaping him. Chuuya never failed to make him feel better.

Even though Chuuya made him really happy, Dazai couldn't push a few sad thoughts away. The voices telling him to kill himself. To cut his wrists. To cause himself pain and then die. Those thoughts had been way more common lately.

So he had spent the day unwrapping and rewrapping bandages. Leaving fresh seams of blood over his pale skin before covering them so nobody would notice. It was just a coping mechanism. He could quit when he feels better. He'd just have to make sure Chuuya didn't find out, that's all.

Easy as that.