8

Chuuya, unfortunately, had to return to work the next morning. He figured Dazai would be fine. He was for a while- a few weeks had passed since Oda's death and Chuuya noticed that Dazai seemed to be getting better. He was eating and sleeping, and Chuuya did daily checks to make sure he wasn't cutting anymore.

All was normal that day. A bit slow, but mostly normal. He was bored out of his mind when he heard his phone ringing. Mori told him to just take the call since they were having a slow day. There wasn't any work that had to be done, so the phone call was probably more important at that point. Mori figured it was probably Dazai- Chuuya had a habit of ranting to him while he got work done. He had caught on to their "secret" relationship by now. He thought it was totally obvious.

Chuuya answered the phone and was immediately met with the voice of Atsushi. He was sobbing. He was talking too fast for Chuuya to hear.

"Woah, hey, what's wrong? Slow down."

"Osamu is in the hospital!"

And that was all it took. Mori overheard the call and told Chuuya he could take the rest of the day off. Chuuya immediately raced to the hospital on his motorcycle, not even bothering to put on his helmet or anything. He knew Dazai. He knew why.

Nobody would tell him anything when he got there. It was frustrating. It was all a blur. Chuuya remembered screaming at someone and crying, but that's all. Somehow he had ended up asleep in the waiting room next to Ango, Atsushi, and Akutagawa.

A nurse had come over and woke the four of them up. She looked a bit upset and disheveled by all the chaos. She was the one that calmed Chuuya down, right. He felt kind of bad about it now.

The next few moments felt like a blur too.

Chuuya remembered feeling dizzy. Sick.

He ran to the bathroom and threw up, collapsing to the ground as sobs shook his entire body. Time seemed to stop for a moment, and when it resumed, everything came crashing down on him. The tears dripped from his face to the floor. His throat burned from the screaming and the vomiting.

Osamu was dead.

No, that couldn't be right. Chuuya didn't believe that.

It was just a mistake. They mixed him up with another patient. Yeah. He couldn't really be gone.

But he was. Akutagawa was the one that found him. Helped him up off the ground. Cleaned him up.

He was lost.

Nothing felt real.

What now?