Chapter 5: Crystal Tower Academy

Crystal Tower Academy

"Father, I'm sorry."

The servants widened their eyes after they heard what the youngest just said. Some of them who were holding a tray of cookies stopped from moving. A butler who was holding a teapot opened his mouth out of shock.

Bendry was just beside the five members of the family who was just sitting on their chairs surrounding a square table.

Duke Minden, who was just sitting while drinking his tea unknowingly had a blank expression seeing the youngest beside him bowing down like a servant.

He unconsciously stopped drinking with the teacup remaining on his lips. His lips was slightly open as if he had something to say but he couldn't utter a word.

"And to my siblings too, I'm sorry." Bendry turned his bowing stance to his four siblings who were also frozen on their chairs after what he just said. They also stopped drinking.

"I ask forgiveness for all my wrongdoings and mistakes in this house... " He turned his head towards the servants serving their tea." Even to the servants, I am sorry."

The servants were even more surprised that the prideful villain bowed down and asked forgiveness to them.

"And also, thank you for taking care of a useless scoundrel like me." Now Bendry raised his head towards them to see them all with their faces full of shock.

He still had that stoic face on him as if he was just forcing to say sorry however, soon after he said the last word, there was a slight smile on his face. It was as if a huge burden was taken away... or not?

After a smile, his face turned gloomy as if he was about to face death itself in the near future.

"Goodbye." He said the last word emotionally like his life was going to end  sooner and then he walked away from them.

They were just stuck on their chairs as the one who caused them to get shock vanished.

What the hell are they seeing...

Supposedly, they were just having a happy family tea time (excluding Bendry who was not invited). This was a normal event for the Serventine household to have a tea time together to relax, get to know concerning each members situations, as so on. Then suddenly, their youngest who was suppose to leave right now for the academy unknowingly entered the garden and then everything that happened is a history.

Their faces showed some hints that they could not move on from that moment.

Frostin who was trying to find his always-missing master found him at the garden. He knew the master is not invited so he got curious what Bendry would do and hide himself behind a tree. Who thought Bendry would spend time to come to this garden to apologize to everyone when he is already prepared to go?

What the hell...

Everything in his master changed a lot during the past two weeks of recuperating from his injuries. The moment he woke up from his sickbed, something in him changed. The butler sensed that. However that was not the only thing.

After he had breakfast for the first time together with his family, his butler noticed that he returned to his room quite strange. He seemed to be at lost.

During the night after that, he ordered his butler to ask the duke for two weeks of rest. He said he was not yet feeling well and he still needed some time to recuperate. The duke allowed that and suddenly, his mood suddenly lightened up. Frostin clearly heard his master whispering that he still had time to prepare.