Chapter 9: The Law of a Balanced Plate (III)

The Law of a Balanced Plate (III)

Another day, another storm to come. Morning classes have come for others who have schedule for such classes. Bendry did not have any classes for this hour. Today was such a perfect time for him to visit the library.

Just as yesterday, he used the quiet hallway to reach the library. After he reached the entrance, he was met by these two familiar faces standing at the entrance.

The two wildlives got tensed and wary after Bendry approached them-or the entrance.

"Your leader already let me enter the library." He decided to respond. His face was cold in front of them.

"He's inside. Do you want us to call him?" The one on the right said, quite wary against him.

"No. There's no need for me to see him..." Bendry ended the conversation as he continued to walk inside, feeling accomplished that he was able to pass without effort.

He reached a familiar dusty section knowing that someone did not consider to clean them up. As if Bendry was playing a horror game of hide and seek then he hide in this mossy, dusty, eerie, section in the library.

He moved his gazes towards the shelves, trying to remember where he found that book. He locked his gazes to the familiar red brown, two-inched book that once-he remembered- burned by a flame from the great mage who openly hated him the most. He grabbed the book and looked around it to see if there were burnt areas. A sigh of relief came out from him seeing the book was perfectly fine. The title was still there, The Law of a Balanced Plate by the name. Remembering how Claymore burned the book like that, he really thought it was the end for him and the villain yesterday.

"Happy seeing your precious book?"

Bendry heard a familiar voice emphasizing a certain word from someone who was just calmly leaning his back on the shelf near Bendry, the mage's head was still covered by his hood. His arms and legs were crossed and his eyes were obviously staring at Bendry. Lips are curved, mockingly showing his distaste at the existence of the crybaby.

"Well, yeah. Thank you by the way." Bendry responded, not looking to the man who asked but to the book on his hand.

Claymore's eyes turned to the book Bendry was holding. It was an old book he did not even bother to read. As it was placed in the miscellaneous section, he knew it was only placed there to give memory of the library's long history. But for Bendry to treat that book seriously as if his life depends on it, then it would be another story.

Bendry seemed to be hiding something if Claymore was not mistaken. If that would ruin everything in this kingdom, then no doubt Claymore would cremate the bastard until even his ashes would not remain in this world. He was sure about that.

"What's so important with that book anyway? You seemed to have lost all hope as I got it burned in front of your face."

Bendry was silent.

The book has something to do with the future of this world. Both him and the villain were the only people who knew the future.

Reading the novel, the villain approaching his end was said to be the most satisfying scene, more satisfying to read than the love of the heroine and her male lead yet, to encounter his tragic death was something the villain hated the most. Still, he would wake up again to return everything. His tragic death would just return then. Then wake up again, to reach his tragic death again. Again and again and again. It become normal. So normal that it was sickening. If he could just die, he wanted to die once. The solution for that was surely written in this book.