Chapter 4: Let's get to know each other.

It was around 6:30 in the morning. The sun was rising over the boiling see, bird's were singing with absolutely horrific screeches, and a human running through the woods at a brisk pace.

Hunter had been trying to limit his sleeping time after the screaming incident yesterday so that he wouldn't have anymore nightmares. It wasn't easy though since his body kept trying to fall back asleep, so, Hunter decided to wake his body up with a morning run through the wood's.

This also gave him time to think about Thursday. Just one day into living in the demon realm and he was breaking into magic school's, saving someone from dissection, punched a kid in the face, and he is now apparently banned from said school. It was quite the rollercoaster of a day, the likes of which would honestly be comparable to any other day in combat. But despite being in a place literally called the Demon Realm compared to his time in the war in was actually pretty tame, nobody was killed, his hearing was intact, and he still got the adrenaline rush he always enjoyed.

Though of course there was one thing that kept creeping back into his head in particular, that girl, Willow. It was clear as day that she liked him, from the moment they first met it was clear that she had a thing. Not to mention the amount of times she kept blushing around him, but Hunter wasn't exactly sure how he felt about it.

Sure they were both teenagers but he didn't know her exact age and there could possibly be a full three year age difference and he didn't want to get into a relationship with a girl that young when he was just over a year to adulthood. Even if they were around the same age his love life didn't exactly show promise, he had slept with four other women who he thought were all beautiful and wonderful people but, he knew that he was never gonna see them again and since he wanted to get home as soon as possible and start over in a realm that wasn't a literal corpse, and that would mean if they got into a relationship he would have to break it of abruptly and leave her, and she was honestly too much of a saint to have to go through that, Hunter just couldn't do that.

After an hour or so of running Hunter made it back to the Owl House, being greeted by Hooty who was trying to make small talk about so bug's he ate or something along those lines. Hunter didn't care and just went into the house disappointing the, door?

When he entered he dropped on the couch as body began to calm down after the run. Then he heard footsteps coming from the stairway and looked to see Luz coming down in her pajamas.

"Morning, Luz."

"Morning, Hunter." She said back walking into the living room. "Sleep well?" She asked.

"Eh, I slept fine. Decided to go for a little run though."

Luz raised an eyebrow. "You went for a run at this time in the morning? Presumably without breakfast?"

"... Yeah that pretty much sums it up."

"Why? I know you're still technically in the Army, but you don't have to act like you're still with it when you're here."

Hunter shrugged. "This is just how it's been. Running help's me wake up, and it keeps me in shape."

"Well, can't argue with that logic." Luz admitted. "So, what do you wanna do for the rest of the morning?"

Hunter thought of it for a moment. "Well we could just talk to each other. I mean I've been living in this place for, what, three days? Yet we barely know anything about each other."

"Okay!" Luz exclaimed. She then dropped onto the couch bouncing abit and placed her right elbow on her knee while holding her head as she looked at Hunter in anticipation. "Well someone's eager." Hunter chuckled.