Confession

"Hey! I think he's waking up!" Kirby called from the foot of the bed.

Taranza was indeed doing just that. He looked around the room and saw Meta Knight, Francisca, Kirby, and Bandee. They were all staring at him, concerned. Or, that's how it looked at least. At least one of you is feigning that. "Uh, good morning."

Meta Knight cut right to the heart of the matter. "Did he do something to you? Is that why you were unconscious?"

"Who?"

"I am referring to Elfilin. He was next to you." Meta Knights pulled one of his hands out of his cape. "Did he do anything to you like he did to King Dedede?"

"Huh? Oh no. Of course not. Where is he? And for that matter, where are Magolor and Daroach?"

Bandee nodded in the direction of the door. "Elfilin's in Meta Knight's room. As for Magolor and Daroach..." They trailed off

Francisca patted them on the back. "I believe Kirby would be able to explain it better than the rest of us."

Kirby's face fell. "Um, yeah. I woke up at about quarter after six because of some beeping that was happening out in this hallway. It made my head get all fuzzy, but when I tried to check it out, I saw something white dragging Daroach and Magolor into the warehouse. I tried to follow them, but they were gone..." After seeing Taranza's reaction, Kirby climbed on the bed and hugged him. He looked like he needed it. For reasons he wasn't sure of, Taranza pushed him off.

Taranza simply shook his head. "I'm sorry, but can you all please leave? I'd like some time to myself to get my thoughts in order."

Outside in the hallway, Meta Knight stopped cold. "If Taranza is telling the truth, that means Elfilin is not the OSO."

The other three stared. Bandee stretched. "Yeah? Does that mean something?"

"Well, if he isn't and Taranza isn't, that means one of the four of us-"

Francisca cut him off. "I don't think we need to be worrying about that."

In response, she was met with a glare, suspicion, and discomfort.

.-- .... .- - / .-- .- ... / ... .... . / -.-. --- --- -.- .. -. --.

Thoughts of what happened before he was knocked out circled his head. He should have known. Maybe, deep down, he did know. There was something off about Magolor. There had been for a while. That paper was probably something after all. But... Even now, something didn't fit. Even if there was definitely something wrong looking back, it didn't feel like it was malicious in nature. Even as he was leaving him behind after shooting him, Magolor was apologizing. His face portrayed guilt, sadness, but nothing that resembled malice.

Actually, speaking of the paper, what was this thing tucked in his clothes? He reached in and pulled out an envelope. The front of the envelope simply said "I'm sorry." He opened it and pulled out the contents. It was several sheets of paper, covered in what was unmistakably Magolor's handwriting.

Taranza, Elfilin, Daroach, if one or more of you is reading this , things haven't gone well. If this is being read by people who are not any of the three I just listed, things went even worse. Ideally, this won't ever be read by everyone. Regardless of who gets this message, if any, I will detail the events of the last several days from my perspective.

No, I'm not the OSO. No, I don't know why this is happening. However, I do know the identity of the OSO, as well as a vague understanding of their motive. I cannot say who they are. If The One Outside finds out I've been leaking information that was confided to me, I'd likely be killed on the spot. Everything in this letter is about me and me only. If that gets you answers, I wish you luck.