Homecoming

Magolor opened his eyes. That meant he had closed them. He was still in the Captain's Quarters, and Taranza was holding him. "Mm, what happened? Did I fall asleep?"

"Yeah. You were really tired from all the hard work you've been doing around here." Taranza squeezed him. "From how I remember it, you saw me smile and just collapsed."

"Haha... I guess you're my weakness."

"Really?" Taranza tilted his head forward and kissed Magolor's forehead. "I don't think it's a weakness to know when to take a break. Really, I'm more like your strength. I activate your self care instincts. And..." He kissed him again. "I care for you, too. I love you. I love you so much."

Magolor snuggled closer to Taranza, somehow. "I love you too." He tried pulling away. "Can I go back to keeping things together?"

"Mmmm... no. I can't let you do that. You're too overworked. Besides, I'm supposed to be healing. I need my emotional support partner here."

Magolor feigned struggling, then quieted down. "I never should have let you know that you could do that without pissing me off."

"Haha, yeah, that was a pretty big mistake."

.... . / -.-. .- -. / .... .- ...- . / ... --- -- . / - ... ..- -. -.. . .-. . / -- --- -- . -. - ... / .- ... / .- / - .-. . .- -

The group spent another day recovering. By that evening, everyone seemed to be well fed, well rested, and ready to take on the world. Well, except for Sailor Dee, Daroach, and Taranza, who had sustained significantly worse injuries and needed more time. In the evening, Everyone other than the injured people had gathered in the main room. Magolor had taken Kirby, Elfilin, Gooey, Rick, Kine, and Coo into the closet, one at a time, to do... something. He had done the same for everyone else, but their experience, from what could be gathered, had no pain involved whatsoever.

Magolor entered the Captain's Quarters, gave Taranza a hug, then pulled something out of his closet. He then left and headed to the study. "Hey, Daroach. I know it's really getting you down that you can't be with your family on your birthday, but I did get you something." He pulled the red and white striped bag out from behind his back, setting it on the table.

"Hm?" Daroach seemed to take a few seconds to notice Magolor was there. "Oh, thanks." Before opening the bag, he blinked, then blinked again. "How did you know it was my birthday? I never told you that. I've never told anyone that. How the fuck did you know?"

Magolor giggled. "I figured it out."

"Well, figure it back in!"

"Just open the bag."

Daroach wiped a hand over his face. "Fine." He picked the bag off the table and opened it. He pulled out what was inside. "...Oh." He unraveled it. It was a royal blue raincoat with yellow lining around the hood and cuffs. "Wow. Where'd you get this?"

"Made it myself! Do you like it?" Magolor clasped his hands together.

Daroach strained to put it on. He winced, trying to push through the stiffening pain in his hands. He closed his eyes once it was fully on. "It's really warm. What's it made out of?"

"Rat skin, why?" Daroach immediately started scrambling to take it off. "I'm kidding, it's just the same thing my clothes are made of." Magolor pulled out a pocket sized mirror. "See how you look!"

Daroach grasped the mirror, then stared into it for a few moments. "I look a lot like you."

"And it's the most handsome you've ever been!" Magolor snatched the mirror and put it away, patting Daroach on the back. "Do you like it?"