Stagnant

Magolor indicated the closed door. "What happened to you?"

Elfilin shuddered. "I really don't want to talk about it right now. I'm just really scared..." He flew over and perched on Taranza's head. "Would you two mind not telling the others that you found me? If people see me, it might be bad."

Taranza cast a sideways glance at Magolor. "I think we can do that." I understand not wanting Dedede to know, but everyone else?

Magolor looked down the hall. "You know, we can probably get to the living quarters if we hurry. Shall we go?"

On the way down the hallway, Taranza paused. "This is a bad idea."

Elfilin shifted. "You're right. If we get caught on the elevator, there'll be nowhere to hide."

"Taranza, give me your cape." After Taranza obliged, Magolor folded the cape into a baglike shape. "Okay, get in."

Elfilin climbed into the makeshift bag. "Isn't this going to look weird?"

"He can just say it was too warm. After all, he did just get out of an episode of brain malfunctioning."

-- -.-- / - ...- / -. --- / .-- --- .-. -.-

"In here." He ducked into his own room, letting Taranza and Elfilin follow him. He closed the door behind him. "Ranz, do you remember anything?"

He hung his head. "No, sorry."

Magolor met the resignation with a bright smile. "No need to apologize. It's not your fault you forgot."

Taranza nodded. "Okay, Elfilin, what are you afraid of?"

He sat on the desk. "I feel like you two are the only ones I can trust right now."

Magolor stared at him, occasionally blinking. "And how did you arrive at that conclusion?"

"I don't know who let me out of jail. I woke up to some weird quiz thing without seeing who let me out, and I had to answer a bunch of weird questions about you guys. I don't want Dedede to know that I'm out because he doesn't trust me, and I don't want to tell Kirby, Bandee or Meta Knight because they'll tell him. I'm not as worried about that with Francisca, but I definitely think she knows more than she lets on."

Taranza brushed off his forehead. "What about Daroach?"

"Oh, you're right. Where's he?"

Magolor slumped. "We don't know... yet. Taranza, let's go check on the others. Elfilin, you can stay here if you want, or go to your own room if you don't feel safe." He exited the room, as Taranza followed.

Taranza let the door click shut behind him. "We should at least also let Kirby and Bandee know that he's safe, right?"

Magolor shook his head. "I don't see why we should do that. Especially since Elfilin just said he doesn't want us to do that."

"Fine. Let's go. Should we start with the dining room?" After getting a nod in response, Taranza headed to the dining room.

The room was empty. Magolor slowly swiveled from left to right to ensure that there really was no one around. It was like a camera in a first person game panning to show something scary behind the player. There was nothing like that, though. "Hey, come to think of it..." He entered the kitchen. "What's the deal with this safe? Did we ever find out?"

Taranza nudged a plate away from the edge of the counter. "I saw it open, but someone had already emptied it. Big job, too. The inside is much bigger than it looks."

He eyed the safe. "Is it really?"

"Goes into the wall. Back there, it opens up a lot. You could fit at least a dozen Dededes in there."