Downward Spiral

Five days had passed, and not a single thing happened. Daroach, then Sailor Dee, then Taranza made a full recovery. Elfilin jittered in the morning. "Hey! If everyone's okay, we can all go out together, right?"

"Right." Sailor Dee adjusted his cap. "We can do this! We'll find a clue to where all the civilians are!"

"Hey, actually," Marx snickered. "Sailor, why don't you let Meta Knight carry you? I mean, we can't be sure how long you'd be walking otherwise, and we don't know how okay you are."

"That's not-"

"I will do what I must." Meta Knight hoisted Sailor Dee off his feet and into his arms. "Shall we go?"

Magolor raised a hand. "Actually, can I stay behind? I need to keep an eye on the Lor. If you remember, last time she was left unattended, she got a controlling device attached to her."

Marx hopped up and down. "Actually, can I stay behind too? I'm sick of going out and doing nothing."

"Fine, fine. Whatever." Dedede huffed. "Whoever wants to stay can stay." He gathered up everyone who wanted to go, which was everyone other than Magolor and Marx.

Once they had left, Marx kicked off the discussion. "So, you gonna tell me about the guy sleeping in the freezer?"

Magolor sheepishly put a hand on the back of his head. "His name is John."

"No it isn't."

"Yeah, that's true. I'll just go get him, he can introduce himself." Magolor headed for the kitchen, then pried open the pod. "Good morning. Are you doing okay?"

Galacta Knight was up on his feet before he had even started speaking. "I sense that something has changed. Am I correct?"

"Well, I guess? The other three aren't here at the moment. One of my other friends wants to meet you properly. Come on." He went to the door.

Galacta Knight stepped out and lay eyes on Marx. "Magolor. Who is this annoying-looking orphaned child?"

"How'd you know?" Marx's reaction almost pulled off his usual jokester mask. Almost. "My name's Marx. What's going on with you? Why were you hiding?"

"Marx. You ask for people's names before you get to other questions about them." Magolor fixed him with a stern gaze. "His name's Galacta Knight."

"It's a... pleasure to meet you, Marx was it?" He extended a hand.

Marx looked at him, puzzled. "My guy, I don't have hands. What are you expecting me to do with that?"

"A friend of yours?" Galacta Knight turned to Magolor.

Magolor grimaced. "It's complicated."

Marx copied Magolor's expression almost exactly, though it didn't seem intentional. Then, he quietly asked him a question. "Hey, can I talk to you in private?"

"Yeah, okay." Magolor clapped his hands a single time. "Galacta. I imagine you have a lot you want to talk to talk to the Lor about, so Marx and I will leave you two alone for a bit. Is that okay?"

"Very well. I confess I've wanted a moment alone here for a while." That was all the invitation the two of them needed. They left.

- .. -- . / ..-. --- .-. / -... .-. ..- - .- .-.. / .... --- -. . ... - -.--

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" Magolor scanned the empty forest behind the castle.

"It's about what Meta Knight said when we first got back here. Are you okay?" Marx kicked a rock near the back entrance.