Love Interest? • 003

"Guys, I want you to meet my brother, Mako." Bolin introduces a taller black haired male who stood behind him, he didn't have the most approachable face and by that I meant he looked annoyed to see Korra.

His eyes moved to me, a weird glint in it as his eyes landed gracefully upon me, I watched as he observed my features, like he was watching the most precious thing in the world.

I knew that glint, it was the glint that every protagonist love interest has when they see them.

Love at first sight.

But that makes no sense, I'm not the protagonist of this story.

That would be Korra.

Unless

Whoever is messing with me is forcing me to become the protagonist.

I won't let this sappy love story happen, no way.

"Nice to meet you Mako, I'm Korra and this is uh..well I call him pinkie since I don't know his name, I just met him."

"What's his name?" Mako's raspy and smooth voice asks, trying to be gentle with his approach towards me and not seem intimidating.

"It's Saiki Kusuo." I caved in, knowing it wouldn't stop if I didn't tell.

"Oh, are you a foreigner?" Mako attempts to make conversation with me.

This was phase one of the so called love story, unnecessary interaction that strikes up a conversation leading to the two love interests to find out they have things in common.

Not on my watch.

"Yes, and last time I checked, you had a game to get to." I replied sternly, not bothering to make eye contact. "Ah right, um we can talk later if that's fine with you?" He asks with a soft tone.

Of course he won't back off. This is where I can completely stop this relationship from blooming.

"I don't want to." I declined.

Mako seemed saddened at my response, "Oh, I understand." He muttered in a quiet voice before going back to talking with Korra and his brother.

That was close.

Finally something goes my way.

My stomach suddenly grumbled, I noticed I got hungry a lot lately due to my lack of access to food. I turned around, walking past the other three who were conversing about the game.

I suddenly slipped on a puddle of water that just conveniently had to be there.

You're kidding me.

I couldn't stop myself from falling and suddenly felt someone grab my arm, pulling me towards their body.

Their body heat engulfs me as I opened my magenta eyes to look into fiery-orange ones.

Mako.

His hot breath fanned my face due to our close proximity, I felt my skin tingle at his touch, he held me gently like I was the most fragile thing on earth.

"You okay?" He asked me as he gazed deeply into my eyes.

I quickly pushed myself off of him.

Very funny, the cliché trip and hold.

Another part of phase one, I could have avoided this if I wasn't so focused on food. Well played, very well played but it will be the last time I let my guard down.

Now to get some food.

"Hey! Don't stay out too long, the game is starting!" Korra yells to me as I reach the exit.