The Christmas party, chapter 9

Shadows POV

It's been a week since I left roses house, it's the 23rd of December. today is many things like the day before Christmas Eve, the Christmas party, and more importantly Rose's birthday. The past week has been the same as all my other weeks before Rose took me in for a short amount of time. I got back into doing some work for G.U.N. and took my daily brooding, but some things were off, I thought it might be the fact that Sonic and his friends hadn't fought Eggman or any villain all week but still, something feels a tad....lonely? I don't get why I'm suddenly getting this feeling.

I've always been alone for most of my days and years hanging out with myself, but what's so different? Why am I feeling the need to be around someone? Ever since I left roses house I've had a sudden urge to visit her, stay with her, be near her, and all the above, geez, I'm not cut out for this whole being in love thing.

I keep pondering my thoughts while still laying in my bed, exhausted from my newfound feelings, as I start slowly get up from the bed, making my guard alert I hear my phone ring, I pick it up, hoping that it's Rose, but quickly remember that I don't have her phone number yet, I know it seems a little weird to know someone for so long and not have their phone number but when I was younger, I couldn't seem to understand what was making me so defiant to ask her and always pulling me back from doing so I just expected it was because I didn't wanna talk to anyone, but now I know that's not the case... maybe I can get her phone number at the party today?

The phone was still ringing and I had almost forgotten about it. I picked it up quickly, and as expected it was Rouge. I was about to ask what she wanted but before I could even open my mouth, she started to blab. "Shadow, come over to my house right now it's an emergency!!!" She stated quickly she sound like she was in distress, she didn't use any of her nicknames so this must be serious, take out my chaos Emerald. The room was dark, and the only lighting I had in my room, was the one from my window, but the small amount of light that was received in the dark room, made the chaos emerald glisten and shine, I immediately chaos control into rouges house frantically looking for her as to not let another one of my friends die, this situation was giving me a lot of PTSD from that one time I had to save rouge a while ago, she was trapped in a room. But the real bad PTSD came from the memory so back in my brain about Maria.

I ran into the room, where I heard a small voice from. It sounded like yelling. I open the door fastly! "hey handsome, I almost forgot to give you your suit, I hope you get ready with all your stuff. You want to look good for Amy right?" She said casually "Geez rouge. What did you say to him? He looks like he just has a heart attack," Knuckles said plainly.... So that's where the yelling came from, although annoyed and mad that context wasn't built from the situation I let it go, relieved that nothing happened. " are you just gonna stand there? you wanna look good for her right?" Rouge questioned getting more impatient by the second, whilst putting knuckles dreads into a ponytail which he immediately took out, embarrassed.

.

.

.

Knuckles POV

Rouge tries to put my hair in a ponytail I on instinct take it out, and suggest something different, I'm not big on fancy fashion, but I do have some things that Tikal showed me! my tribe sometimes Had gold rings that went around our dreads and usually had some sort of natural paint that we put around our hair as well, making patterns and such. I've gotten a lot better at doing them, so I think it's time to put my practice to work. If I'm gonna have to wear a suit I'm gonna do it my way!

.

.

.

Normal POV