Chapter 21

It's the day before the sports festival and all the girls decided to do a sleepover. Well, Mina decided and everyone agreed. Aimi was getting ready to leave and go to Mina's, having been there a few times. While packing her stuff, a sense of dread overwhelmed her.

She enjoys Mina's company and she's sure she'd enjoy the others' too. Yet, Aimi desperately wishes that she had never agreed to the plans. Aimi's felt weird the whole day and she's aware of what it could mean. She's aware that her mood could change instantly and she really does not want that to happen. Especially not when she's hanging out with the girls.

Aimi likes them, and she wants them to like her too. Which is why she does not want to be like that around them. She doesn't want everyone to be annoyed at her and never want to spend time with her again.

"Aimi, are you ready", her father asks from downstairs.

Aimi sighs before answering, blinking back the tears welling in her eyes, :"Yeah. Coming."

The girl takes another deep breath before taking her bag and walking down the stairs. Her father's sitting on the couch and Hizashi's waiting behind him. He agreed to drive Aimi to Mina's, since her father's all wrapped up and Aimi doesn't want him to drive around too much.

When he notices the girl standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking slightly uncomfortable, Aizawa stands up and walks towards her.

"Hey. Are you okay", he asks her, seeing right through her.

"Yeah. I just feel off today. It'll be fine though", Aimi answers him, avoiding his piercing eyes.

"You don't have to go, you know? If you want to rest instead, that's fine too."

"No. I have to go. I can't just say I'm not coming ten minutes before I have to be there. Besides, it's normal for me not to talk a lot for everyone. No one will notice. I'll be fine", the girl answers pointedly. She's getting frustrated at her father's inquiring gaze and his attempt at making her stay. If she has to leave, she wants to leave now.

"Fine. If you want to leave, just call Hizashi or me. Okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Bye dad", Aimi says before making her way towards the door with Mic.

"Bye. Have fun. Love you", he answers.

"Love you too."

~

"OH MY GOD", Mina screams, holding Jirou close to her.

The girls decided to watch a horror movie once everyone arrived. It turned out that barely anyone could sit through one without screaming.

"Why isn't she running!?", Hagakure whimpers terrified, sitting close to Momo who looked slightly uneasy. "Honestly, someone tell me!"

While everyone is clinging onto each other and looking at the TV through their fingers, Aimi sits back on the armchair she's sitting on and eats from the bag of chips on her lap. She enjoys horror movies oddly enough, since it's easy to guess what's gonna happen in most of them. It's a nice change from real life where you never know what's going to happen next to you.

Aimi keeps thinking about the sports festival and what they could have to do. She knows that there will be matches against one another, yet the other challenges are yet unknown and will only be decided on the day itself. That makes it hard for anyone to really prepare themselves for anything.

"How can you just sit there", Mina asks Aimi from across the room, shivering in fear. Aimi shrugs in response and waits for the movie to finish in a few minutes. She desperately wants to go to sleep. Although she's aware that that's probably not going to happen so soon.

~

"There's one thing I wanted to ask you Aimi-chan", Tsu voices from in front of her. Aimi's eyes travel from the middle of the circle the girls are sitting in to Tsu.

"Yeah", she asks slightly confused.

"You and Todoroki, do you know each other?" At that, everyone's eyes expectantly look at the blonde girl, sitting there completely confused.

"Well, yeah, were classmates and sit next to each other", she answers honestly, earning a few laughs from the others. At that, she blushes furiously.

"That is not what she meant, Aimi-chan", Momo retorts. "Do you know each other privately is what Tsu wanted to know."

"Oh", Aimi says embarrassed. " No, we don't."

"Then why do you guys seem so comfortable around each other", Ochaco asks. Aimi sees Mina opening her mouth, probably to talk about her conspiracy of her and Todoroki being together.

Before Mina can say anything, Aimi asks quickly:" What do you mean? We're really not."

"Well, he wanted to train only with you for the festival and two weeks ago, he literally took your hand and escorted you trough the crowd in front of her classroom", Tsu says.

"Oh my god! Is he your boyfriend", Hagakure exclaims, causing Mina too join in.

"Wha- No. No! He's not. He only wanted to train with me because he wanted to see if he can beat me. And he only helped me out because no one would let me through", Aimi answers, almost pleading them to believe her.

"Sure, whatever you say Aimi-chan", Mina teases her causing Aimi to groan.