Chapter 26

Aimi barely has any time to recover when Midnight starts talking again after everyone's finished the course.

"Forty-two of you qualified to move on to the next round. Gird your loins and prepare for your next test. A cavalry battle", the woman explains, causing a groan to erupt from Aimi.

Of course it had to be a cavalry battle. It couldn't have been anything without touching or teams, who would want that? Well, as long as Aimi isn't the one on top, she should be fine.

"Those of you at the top will suffer the most. Of course, that's something you'll hear over and over again at UA. Show us what 'Plus Ultra means", Midnight shouts, causing a few cheers to erupt.

"Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifier. He'll be worth ten million!"

At that, Aimi's head snaps to the poor boy. He's just standing there, shocked, and Aimi hopes he's not going to start crying again. She does feel sorry for him, however deep down, Aimi's glad she didn't get first place.

"These are the rules you'll abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes", Midnight starts explaining. "Each team is worth the total of its members' points and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can.

Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

With the number of students participating, there will be lots of groups on the field the whole time. It's going to be a hassle to keep the headband, Aimi thinks. The smartest thing in her opinion would be to wait until the other's guard is down and then steal their headbands. However, she has no idea when that will be.

"During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks." Which is making it that much harder. "But it's still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately". Midnight warns them. Aimi looks over at a pouting Bakugo standing somewhere on her right. Making people fall was probably his plan, which causes her to laugh a little bit.

"Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

While everyone starts looking for partners, completely ignoring Midoriya, Aimi stands still. She hops for anyone to come up to her, because she won't go up to anyone and possibly have to suffer a rejection. Absolutely not. Then Aimi'd rather embarrass herself by standing in one spot.

Although she doesn't suffer for long, since Aimi spots Shinsou walking towards her.

"We're missing one, so do you want to partner up with me", he asks her, already knowing the answer.

"Yes definitely. Thank you so much", she responds happily, smiling at him and earning a little smile back. The both of them haven't known each other for long, yet Shinsou already feels like the brother she never had. He acts like it too, insulting her whenever he's over and training with her father.

"Of course. I'd feel bad leaving someone else to deal with you", he goes, causing Aimi to glare at him. Although when she looks behind him and at the glazed expressions of her classmates, she sighs. (I didn't put the other guy in their group so that there still 4)

"Did you have to mind wash them", Aimi questions him frustrated. Shinsou only shrugs in response.

"I'm gonna be on top, you can be in front. The other to will be on the sides. Is that okay with you", he asks her with a neutral expression, but carefully. She told Shinsou about her issue with touching when Aimi hit him in the ribs when he wouldn't take his arm off her shoulders. Now, he always makes sure that she's comfortable before actually touching Aimi. She loves him for it.

"Yeah that's good. Do you already have a strategy in mind?"

"Yeah. I thought that you could stop any physical attacks with your quirk and I'll make them hand over their headbands. Tail guy can ward off attacks from his side and the sparkly guy can shoot his thing at others. What do you think?"

"That's good, I agree. Although you do know that the both of them have names, right", Aimi counters, somewhat annoyed at his rudeness.

"Yeah, well, that's not important right now", Shinsou answers, smirking a little because he knows how much he's pissing Aimi off.

Suddenly, a loud buzzer startles everyone and they turn over to see Midnight stretching. For what, Aimi doesn't know.

"Now then, it's about time to get started!"

"Come on, wake up Eraser! After fifteen minutes to form teams and talk strategy, twelve cavalry teams are lined on the field", Mic shouts from wherever he is.

"There are some interesting teams out there", her father answers monotone. Aimi wonders why they've wanted him to moderate.

"Now, raise those battle cries! It's time for UA's bloody battle", he shouts.

Aimi's getting ready and she feels Shinsou doing the same on top of them.

"We're going to advance Aimi. We will win this", Shinsou reassures her from above, knowing she's probably doing her best at not freaking out.

"Light the signal fire!"

And then everyone starts running.