Chapter Eleven

Qibli:

He and Winter were sitting together by the newly fireless Jade Mountain, students practically everywhere.

Although Winter was the larger dragon out of the two, he was currently half snuggled-half sitting in Qibli's wing, leaning against him and resting his head in the crook of the SandWings neck.

Qibli never really had a hard life growing up, he was taken from his awful mother when he was not even one, growing up in the palace all the way up to his age now, five.

He'd never asked Winter, but he had assumed the IceWing was about that age too, although just his behavior could argue otherwise.

So, his life had been decently easy.

He didn't have to worry about taking over the throne at any point, boys couldn't rule(Which Qibli thought was utterly unfair), but he wouldn't have to anyway since Sunny was the older sibling, therefore more likely to get passed to the throne because Thorn didn't want anyone fighting for title of Queen in the Sand Kingdom.

But these were the hardest, but happiest moments of his life.

He had to always be on edge about other dragons, stinging a particularly careless dragonet running the halls, worried about getting school done on time, being there on time, but it was all made good by Winter.

He would have a full blown meltdown before every class if he didn't have Winter.

He'd probably have end up making friends with a SandWing, then that defeats the whole purpose of Jade Mountain.

Although, it seemed quite a few dragons stayed to their own tribe, specifically the IceWings and SkyWings.

The MudWings and RainWings were all over everyone else, though, and he could've sworn Kinkajou knew every dragon in this school by now.

SeaWings, NightWings and SandWings were mutual, just the in-betweens of those, usually.

Winter sighed, scooching somehow further into Qibli, but he didn't mind.

He could tell Winter enjoyed his warmth, and Qibli loved Winter's cold that he could never feel in the Kingdom of Sand.

Although the saying "A warm hug", was very comforting, no one talked about the "Oddly soothing comfortable hug you got from your best friend/maybe sorta possibly something more perhaps?"

He thought of this, then blushed slightly, turning his head down.

"Qibli?" Winter asked, only moving to use his tail to further push Qibli's wing around the IceWing.

"Uh- yeah?" He responded, continuing to look at the very very interesting blade of grass.

"You alright?" He asked again, and Qibli could tell he was looking right at him. "You're face is really red an-" He stopped, just shuffling slightly.

Before Qibli could reply, the two teachers, Clay and Sunny, came down (and Qibli was VERY grateful, because they were least likely to give them a stern talking to).

"Thank the moons!" Sunny cried once they were in earshot, landing gracefully on the ground, folding her wings with a snap.

Clay came down less gracefully, moreso thunking onto the ground, his large MudWing body not supporting the gracefulness that the small Sunny had.

"Where did you two go?!" He said after the pale SandWing stopped talking.

"We uh- so-" Winter tried to say, either not knowing where to start or too nervous to, so Qibli started instead.