Chapter Twenty: Moon Stone

(Gem Eater Arc)

Hex floated over to Spyre in the dead of the night. Ren lay in their bed with Schrod and Baguette lying on top of them. The white dog snored away. "Orochi's probably in their jacket," Hex thought. 

"Are you here to free me?" Spyre asked. 

"Yeah. Now how do I do this?" Hex asked. "The chains will burn me when I touch them, and I'm not sure if I can cut it."

"Eat that gemstone," Spyre ordered. He used his head to gesture to the moon stone on the nightstand. 

"But I like that one. Maybe I could eat Ren's cinnabar," Hex said. 

"It's because you like it that you should eat it. The deeper the nature connection the stronger you will get," Spyre explained. Hex floated the moon stone over. "You can become strong enough. Remember that magic is all about will, I can bet that their will has been weakened now that they're asleep." Hex lifted it up to his face. "Just take a bite." Hex opened his mouth and swallowed the gemstone whole. "Or that."

Hex felt white hot power surging through his body. Like white lightning. "What is this?" Hex asked. He summoned his sword. The blade seemed sharper and longer. 

"Now! Make up a new sword move and strike!" Spyre ordered. 

"Seven Star Heaven Strike!"

A white flash shot through the chains and shattered them. The talismans were burned to a crisp. Hex had flown back due to the kickback. "What was that?"

"That was you, all you. I'm pretty impressed," Spyre commented. He stood up, burn marks on his skin. Spyre extended a hand to Hex and the two floated through the walls. "You'll finally be free." He winced, "Being chained up like that hurts."

"I was sealed away inside of a paperclip," Hex said. The two floated into the night. Hex could float higher up. It was like the air was wispy cotton candy. His white hair flapped in the wind. His body was so light. He could see the tips of the mountains and the little town lights below. "This is amazing!" 

"See? It really is," Spyre said. The two stood on a high up mountain ledge. In front of the two was a cave with sharp rocks hanging down. "This is where we stay."

"Spyre! I can't believe it!" Fly rushed forwards. He then slapped Spyre across the face. "Are you a moron? Letting yourself get captured like that."

"Relax, I got him," Spyre pointed at Hex. 

"Hi."

"We'll have to do something about his hair," Fly stated. "It's a nuisance so either cut it or tie it up."

"I'll tie it up," Hex said. 

"I was hoping to slice it off," Fly grumbled. The ghosts entered the caves. Hex could hardly see. They finally reached a cavern with a stone table in the center. Stalactites hung menacingly dripping some sort of fluid from above. 

"Spyre!" Blu called out. They had a  pile of gemstones at their claws. "Who is that?"

"This is Hex, he'll be working with us," Spyre answered. 

"Give us information on our opponents," Tyre snarled. He grabbed Hex by the hair. Coon chuckled before spitting up a bone. 

"Of course. I am the strongest out of them so without me they'll fall," Hex declared. Tyre slapped him across the face, leaving large claw marks. 

"Tell me."

"O...Of course," Hex gasped out. "Rose is able to give items new properties and powers. She has a knife in her bag that can harm spirits. Not to mention she has an entire bag of tricks. She'll be hard to defeat, she's resourceful and creative. But these powers are temporary."