Chapter Twenty Five: Master Multi

(Mecha City Arc)

There in the doorway stood two men. Both of them were exact copies of each other with short spiky black hair, large gray cloaks and large masks. Both of them wore a gray mask that covered the entire face. On it were stag beetle horns. "We are here for an inspection."

"Sir, we have already done our part," Oto bowed her head. "It's all clear."

"Yes! It's all good! No magic," Li added. 

"Who are those?" One of the men pointed to Rose and Ren's table. 

"We're from out of town," Rose answered. "No magic here."

"Our magic sensors read positive. Where are you from?" The man asked. His duplicate began to snoop around. 

"Phoenix City," Rose responded. "Technically I'm from Gallhand, which is next to Phoenix."

"Okay." The man turned to his duplicate. 

"Master Multi, believe us when we say that we're certain there is no magic," Oto was trembling. 

"That's Master Multi?" Ren wondered. Something about him seemed familiar. On his cloak was the same curled silver snake symbol as Speeding. 

"Yeah I see it too," Orochi hissed. "I don't trust this guy."

"He smells weird. Like plastic," Baguette whined. "Humans smell like yummy  meat."

"Ohhhhkayyyy, we'll come back to that," Ren thought. There was a crash in the kitchen. Koi, Oto, and Li ran over to it. "I'm going to check it out." Rose tried to reach for Ren, but they were too fast. Ren cast a quick cloaking spell. Shadows wrapped around them and Orochi. 

"It's not magic!" Lira sat on the floor backed up against an old oven. "It's just an oven, please believe me!" Broken pieces of glass lay on the floor and his forehead bled. 

"Stay away from him!" Koi yelled. She slipped a white wand with a snowflake on the tip out of her skirt pocket. Ice shards burst up from it and stabbed into the man. 

"Fool!" He turned around and grabbed her by the neck and lifted her up. Koi clawed at his hands and gasped for air. 

"Koi! I'm sorry! The oven was being powered by magic! But only because it was broken and I didn't have money to repair it," Lira bowed down. The second man kicked him in the head. 

"Those two are clones, aren't they?" Ren asked. 

"That sounds right," Orochi responded. Ren let the cloaking spell drop. They ran past Oto and Li and slipped the scissors out of their satchel. 

"Let them go!" Ren yelled. Magic surged through the talisman and their body. "I'm a much bigger mage than anyone here!"

"Watch your back," Multi drew a gun out of his cloak. 

"I'll tell the Mayor of Phoenix!" Ren yelled. They looked over at Koi. "She might die if this keeps up......I need a plan," They thought. Ren threw the scissors at the first Multi, "Bomb!" He jumped back. "Orochi! Agni Arrow Mode!" The snake flew out of their sleeve and into the man's hand. He was wearing a sort of metal glove. The man dropped Koi and Orochi surrounded itself in fire. 

"Perish!" Both clones ran at Ren. Ren ran over to Koi and cast a protection spell. Koi clung to their jacket. The clones began to fire on Ren. 

"I need to keep the protection spell going," Ren thought. One of them flew into a wall. Ren turned to see Hex and Rose at the doorway. 

"We'll take care of this, get to safety," Rose ordered. Ren nodded and helped Lira up. Ren took the two out of the kitchen. "I want a spatula gun!" Rose grabbed a nearby spatula off the sink. It shifted into a gun. She shot one man in the head on he turned into smoke.