Second Elimination

Zhang Hao third person POV

After their introduction, Zhang hao and his team had sat down in there positions, as Zhang hao pretended to have 'accidentally' ended up seated beside Hanbin. He attempted to catch the others eye, to smile at him or try to relieve the tension he had once again caused.

As it eventually became time for the top9 results, Zhang hao noticed how Hanbin's behaviour shifted, from being nervous and awkward due to Zhang hao's presence to becoming visibly anxious over the rankings. Zhang hao eyed the other as he nibbled on his lip, following his old bad habit that the older had repeatedly told him to stop. Zhang hao sighed as he watched the other stress, feeling concerned for his volatile behaviour, clearly overwhelmed by the multitude causes of anxiety the Korean was currently going through.

Zhang hao reached out and gently grabbed the others hand, pulling it onto his own thigh as he intertwined their fingers. Hanbin glanced up at him confused as he stopped biting his lip, the older simply grinned at Hanbin, as the younger boy smiled shyly in return, looking back down at their hands.

The two kept their hands locked until it was time for the final four, with them, Matthew and Yujin being called to the stage, Zhang hao let go of the boys hand and walked up onto the stage, followed by Hanbin who surprisingly stood close to him.

Zhang hao looked over to Matthew, as the boy winked at him, obviously noticing how the two held hands prior. Zhang hao felt his ears redden but suppressed it as he looked back at Minhyuk, their senior getting ready to call the name of fourth place.

"Seok Matthew"

He said as Zhang hao immediately turned to face the Canadian, engulfing him into a hug. As Hanbin followed suit, he felt the younger boy's hands softly graze over his arm as Zhang hao's heart skipped a beat at the sudden action, he quickly pulled away, creating a greater distance between them. He was grateful at that moment, that Matthew was still in between them so that he could calm himself down and ensure he presented an image of himself that he wanted to be broadcasted.

The Canadian did his thank you speech, followed by Yujin who had won third and within minutes the two centers were left alone once more, forced to battle each other for first place.

"Zhang hao do you have anything to say to Hanbin?"

He heard Minhyuk say, as Zhang hao looked over to Hanbin, meeting his eyes and smiling softly. He maintained eye contact.

"Hanbinie let's debut together, and everyday let's drink zero cola together"

Hanbin tilted his head down in embarrassment as he laughed and Zhang hao couldn't help but to adore how cute the Korean looked at that moment. The moments following his small address to Hanbin felt like forever as Zhang hao stood waiting for one of their names to be called.

Once Hanbin's was called, Zhang hao forced his sadness down, knowing now was not the time for anger as he instead pulled Hanbin into a tight hug, one hand resting on the low of the youngers back and another on his shoulder blades, feeling as Hanbin mimicked the action, the boy's chin resting on Zhang hao's shoulder as the older felt Hanbin's weight rest onto him. He held the other up, gentle tapping his back, as he felt the warmth of the hug. Zhang hao didn't want to let go but he knew that they were on broadcast, that they couldn't stay like this forever.

"You deserve it"

He whispered as he pulled away from Hanbin, the boy desperately staring into his eyes as Zhang hao smiled, his hand grazing past Hanbin's as he stood a small distance apart from the younger. He watched as Hanbin completed his thank you speech, giggling quietly at the other's butchered Mandarin and almost blushing when he finished with 'tiye tiye', reflecting on when the Korean had last said that to him.

Once they were both done, Zhang hao turned away and walked off the stage, up the stairs and into his seat. He watched as Hanbin bowed and fondly waved to his friends that had not made it past the elimination. Zhang hao didn't understand how he looked perfect while he bowed and walked up to his seat, a wider than life grin plastered on his face. At that moment Zhang hao came to the realisation that he wanted to be able to make Hanbin that happy, to be as close as they were before the kiss and be able to hold onto the other like he just had, for hours at a time. Maybe, in a way, there was more than just attraction that he felt towards Hanbin.

-

If I suddenly stop uploading for longer than normal, it means Zihao was eliminated and I'm grieving.