Chapter 3

The chilly autumn morning was blanketed in a thick layer of fog. As the sun rose, it cast a warm orange glow across the sky, but the temperature remained cool and crisp. The trees surrounding the Maple Leaf Cafe had changed colours, displaying a spectrum of vibrant oranges, yellows, and reds. Fallen leaves covered the ground, crunching as they walked on them, creating a soothing and calming soundscape.

At the Maple Leaf Cafe, the staff was already hard at work preparing for the day ahead. The sound of clinking dishes and the hiss of the espresso machine broke through the stillness and added a comforting background noise to the surroundings. The café itself looked cosy and inviting, with the warm glow of the lights in the interior of the building peeking through the storefront windows.

The aroma of fresh baked goods and coffee filled the air, giving everyone within sniffing distance an instant pick-me-up. Inside the café, the air had a buzz of preparation, as the menus were printed and set in clear displays while the cleaning specialist gave the place an early morning sweep.

The staff was prepared, wearing their usual warm and cosy uniforms of sweaters or vests, which everyone had taken out of mothballs or that summer clothing that they had quickly whisked away to make room for autumn. The café looked like a warm and rustic haven, the perfect spot to enjoy a steaming cup of coffee and a fresh pastry.

Out on the porch, the air was filled with the sound of rustling tree leaves and chirping birds, providing an idyllic backdrop to the scenery. The outdoor seating was being arranged with warm blankets and comfy cushions to prepare for those who chose to sit and sip in the peaceful morning breeze.

This autumn morning was one to be savoured, and the Maple Leaf Cafe was the perfect spot to do just that. As the day wore on, more customers would arrive, filling the cafe with the sounds of pleasant conversations and the joy of another beautiful autumn day.

Pumpkin spice latte had been popular at the Maple Leaf Cafe for a few weeks and Stella wanted to promote this festive drink even more. The offer was written on the chalkboard menu outside the cafe, and flyers were handed out to customers who walked by.

As the morning passed, there was an increasing number of people walking by and showing interest in the offer. Many people stopped to read the flyers and stared at the chalkboard menu, tempted by the delicious offer for this warming drink.

Stella had a team working hard at the cafe, preparing drinks and baking fresh pastries to go alongside the tempting offer. Customers were loving the idea and soon there was a buzz of excitement among them as they talked and laughed while waiting for their drinks.

As the day went on, the promotion became more and more successful. The enticing aroma of pumpkin spice latte wafted out of the cafe, luring in passersby with its sugary and spicy scent. It was clear that Stella's promotional campaign was working, and customers were appreciative of being able to take advantage of such a great offer.

By the end of the day, the cafe had been packed with customers all excited about the promotion, and the staff had been busy all day serving and preparing. Stella was thrilled with how well the promotion had gone, and knew it was the perfect way to promote the festive drinks while bringing in more customers.

It may have been a surprise promotion to the town, but it was clear that the Maple Leaf Cafe was here to stay as the go-to spot for anything pumpkin spice.

The sweet aroma of warm pastries filled the air, as Stella wiped her hands on her apron and stepped back to admire her handiwork. The display case was filled with a variety of fall-themed treats, from pumpkin spice muffins to apple pie turnovers.

Customers began to trickle into the café, drawn in by the irresistible smell of freshly baked goods. Some came in just for a quick coffee and pastry to go, while others settled in at a nearby table to savour the warm treats in the cosy atmosphere.