Chapter 13

I woke up in between Wanda and Pietro and for some reason, Peter was laying beneath our feet.

I went to my bathroom and took a shower, washing my face and brushing my teeth in the process as well, by the time I got out everyone else was awake.

"Want to go get breakfast," I asked 

"Are you cooking?" Wanda asked and I shook my head 

"no but I will be paying," I said 

"I have school and need to go now before I'm late," Peter said as he hurriedly got up and left 

"oh bye," I called out as he slammed my door shut in the process.

"I have some ability management training today," Wanda said and I frowned.

"You don't start till Monday" I pointed out

"Pietro doesn't but I need an extra day of pre-training," she said as she left my room.

"Guess it's just me and you," Pietro said and I nodded.

"I'm gonna get ready I'll meet you in my car in fifteen minutes," I said and Pietro nodded leaving my room.

I did some makeup and straightened my hair before picking out a cute but casual outfit.

I made my way down to my car and Pietro was already there waiting. 

I began driving to the breakfast place I liked, I knew it was quiet and we could avoid a lot of people.

"You look nice," Pietro said and I thanked him as my cheeks turned pink.

We got to the breakfast place and sat down in a booth in the back.

I ordered pancakes and Pietro once again copied me.

"There's something I need to tell you," he said and I put my phone down paying attention to him.

"go on," I said nudging him on.

"I think I like you," he said just straight up admitting it

I was taken aback a bit, I thought he just flirted for fun I didn't realise that he actually had feelings for me.

From my expression, Pietro could tell something was wrong as the smile dropped from his face. 

"Are you sure you like me?" I asked and he looked at me like I was stupid 

"I mean like I'm the first girl your age you've interacted with here so maybe you just feel like you have to like me," I said I wasn't trying to sabotage anything but I had to be sure of his feelings before I got my heart crushed again. 

"Yes I like you, you're beautiful and kind and you made sure my sister and I felt welcome in this unknown place," he said 

"Can you just give me a while to think?" I said and he nodded.

Our food came out and we both ate rather quickly making an awkward conversation, this was not what I had planned for my day. 

I drove us to the tower and we just listened to the radio for the drive home. 

Pietro went to go find Wanda and see how her training was going but I knew it was to give me space.

I texted my mum telling her I had a boy emergency and she told me to meet her in her office. 

I was debating texting Peter and just pulling him out of school but he'd probably go on a rant about how we just dealt with the Blake situation and now I was having another boy emergency.

I made my way to my mum's office rather fast and closed her door taking a seat opposite her.

"Hi," I said eagerly and she laughed before putting down some paperwork and giving me her full attention.

"Hello my dear" 

"So what's the emergency," she asked and I took a big deep breath before breaking the news to her

"Pietro said he liked me this morning," I said quickly and my mum looked a little surprised. 

"slower and more clearly please," she said not understanding my mumble

"Pietro and I went to breakfast this morning and then suddenly out of nowhere he said that he liked me and all I could manage to say was that I need time to think," I said more clearly this time with a little more context. 

"So what seems to be the issue you like him back right," she said and I furrowed my brows 

"How do you know that," I asked 

"Oh come on I'm your mother I've seen the way you look at him and I've seen the way you act around him I know you at least have a crush on him," she said 

"what if he doesn't actually like me though what if he's just confused," I said as I began chewing on my lip 

"Of course, he does honey, with the Blake thing you could tell how mad he was, if he didn't care about you there was no reason for him to be mad at that," she said 

"And besides you're a catch, you're smart, funny and absolutely beautiful," she said 

I began to put the pieces together and I guess what she was saying was right. I know I liked him and the way he acted most likely meant that he did genuinely like me as well. 

"Now how about you go tell him that you like him back before you stress the poor boy out into thinking he made a mistake admitting his feelings," she said getting up

"And let's hold off on telling your dad" she continued coming over to give me a hug

"I'm not crazy I won't tell him until I actually know it's something serious or else he'll eat Pietro alive," I said like she had pointed out the most obvious thing ever.

"what do you say we go out for dinner, just you me and your dad," she said and I nodded smiling

"yeah that'll be nice it's been a while," I said 

"Ok perfect be ready for six we'll go to that fancy place you like La Bernadin" she called out as I stood up getting ready to leave.

"Ok perfect love you," I said as I left her office to go find Pietro.

⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎

mom and dad 💋

mom and dad 💋