05

instagram,

🤍 liked by _quinnhughes and 4,027 othersivymorgs ive been home for 2 days and now i have a cold thanks to the idiots next door

ivymorgs ive been home for 2 days and now i have a cold thanks to the idiots next door

view all 193 comments...

username home & idiots next door???
username THE HUGHES

jackhughes 1. im not an idiot 2. you and quinn started it
_quinnhughes she started it
ivymorgs im innocent, blame luke
lhughes_06 i was literally attacked tf

username will you still be traveling?? i live off of your vlogs
ivymorgs in the future possibly but for now im gonna see my family:)

ellieburkart YOURE HOME??
ivymorgs YES!! def gonna see you when i feel better

username omg i miss your vlogs with the boys!! does this mean they'll be in some videos??

imessage,

ellie
why didn't you tell me you were home?
you not miss me? :(

ivy
ofc i missed you els
just got caught up with everything
its been a bit crazy here

ellie
quinns home rn?
ik theyve got some time off for the holidays

ivy
yeah
but they leave again in two days
well besides luke

ellie
hows it been?
did you hit him
i would've

ivy
we talked
it was really easy to find a bit of a comfort
with him
which is bad on my part considering what happened

ellie
i think being friends is okay
i mean if you're home hes bound to be in your
life

ivy
yeah
im pretty sure cecelia and ellen are still
planning the wedding

ellie
we all kinda thought you'd be getting married
by now tbh

ivy
gosh
i wouldve died for that like 4 years ago

ellie
smitten as a kitten fr

ivy
literally took the school girl crush to a new level

ellie
CRUSH??
babe you were in love

ivy
unfortunately

The cold medicine, tea and soup had helped. Quinn had only spent a few hours in misery before he was back on his feet. However, his mother wouldn't let him leave the house, repeating that he had to get better before leaving for Vancouver.

He didn't want to go back to Vancouver though. Well, he did, he loved the ice and the game but now he had something better. Something he thought he would never get back.

Ivy coming home wasn't on Quinns (nonexistent) Christmas wishlist but her return could be splayed as a Christmas miracle. Although his family didn't celebrate Christmas to the whole extent, they still enjoyed joining the Morgans in their theatrics. The Morgans were big on Christmas, the love, the gift giving, the decorating—they went all out.

Every year, they had bought each of the boys something, though they knew Christmas wasn't in their line of beliefs. They always accepted it, because who didn't love an expensive gift.

This year, Quinn planned to just relax in his room or mess around on the ice out back when he came home. Now, with the arrival of what most would call his childhood sweetheart, he had other plans. He wanted to make it up to her, get her to understand that he didn't mean a thing he said that night.

Because he didn't.

Not that she, or anyone who knew of what happened that night would believe him but Quinn never intended to hurt Ivy the way he did. She was the last person in the world he wanted to hurt. She was the only girl he ever imagined himself caring for in that capacity. He really cared about her, even now.

Even after three long and miserable years, Quinn Hughes was sneaking out his bedroom window the way he had when he was a teenager. He didn't think it was as foolish then as he did now at twenty-three but if anyone saw him stumble out the windowsill into the snow, they would've laughed. Barefooted and already sick, Quinn was careful of the motion sensor lights.

As if she knew, the window was unlatched, practically begging for him to climb inside. So, he did, taking her by surprise as he landed onto the bed, not-so gracefully.

"Quinn!" She scolded, voice hushed as her parents were asleep. Ivy wacked him with a pillow, "you should be home getting better."

Quinn stared blankly for a moment, "but.. I would rather get better here."

She froze, staring back at him with a look of pain and pining. Ivy wished he would just stop, stop making her feel the way he had years ago. She knew they couldn't be together, he said it himself.

For him to be sitting there, saying this to her, it was shit. It didn't feel as genuine as it should've, it felt more like a slap to the face.

Suddenly, Ivy was scurrying from the bed, staring back at him with nothing but anger. She was not doing this to herself. It took years to get where she was now, years for her to be able to drive back down this street without feeling like her entire world was going to crumble.

"Don't do that." She spat out, "you can't say that shit to me."

Quinn's smile fell, "why?"

"You know why, Quinn."

authors note,
whos ready to see what happened to quinn and ivys relationship🫣