10

"The studio apartment is perfect, don't you think?" Ivy glanced up from her laptop, where she had been filling out job applications for the past hour. She didn't want to stay at her parents forever, but she couldn't leave without having some sort of stability. The money she had saved and gotten while traveling was limited at this point.

"Yeah, I liked the studio but like.." Ivy shrugged at her mother, "the whole open floor thing kinda sketches me out."

"What about Ann Arbor?" Ellen asked, pouring herself a glass of wine.

The three women were in the Morgans kitchen, Jim and Pete over at the Hughes' watching Jacks game. They had the game playing too, each taking turns catching glimpses to shout at the tv.

"Too high of a crime rate." Ivy mumbled, she was not making this easy.

"That puts Detroit out of the picture then." Cecelia typed something into her phone, "there's a condo in Plymouth, not too far from here." The woman flashed her screen to her daughter, Ivy taking the phone to get a better look.

It was a nice condo, surprisingly affordable for the size. Two bedrooms, a bathroom, spacy livingroom to where she wouldn't worry about inviting people over. Even a large basement, that could sure be transformed into an office or hangout space.

"It's perfect." Ivy smiled big, searching the link on her laptop to apply. Ivy's phone lit up on the counter, catching the attention of both the women and they peaked to read the text.

"I'm so glad to see you and Quinn are talking again." Ellen spoke sweetly, looking to Ivy with a loving smile.

"Oh, yeah." Ivy tried her best not to frown, "I've missed him, a lot."

"He's missed you." Ellen responded, "every time he came home, it was always 'is Ivy home' but.." the woman frowned tightly, reaching over to squeeze the youngers hand.

"I thought we'd be watching you two get married by now." Cecelia teased her daughter, taking a sip of her own wine.

"Don't even, you were ready to padlock my door and window." Ivy retorted, lifting her phone to read Quinns text with a smile.

"Only because we were not ready to be grandmothers."

imessage,

quinn
yeah im just watching Jack's game

ivy
same
well sorta
our moms are helping me apartment/job
hunt atm

quinn
Tell them I say hi!
find anything worth looking at?

ivy
yeah, theres a nice condo we found
im applying to that atm
it's big enough that you guys could come hang
out in the summer

quinn
your decision making depends on if
we could all hang there?

ivy
duh
plus, if i wanted a dog/cat
theyd have space to roam

quinn
oh fs

"Would you ever get back with him?" Ellen asked, nosy for good reason. That was her son, and the girl she had pictured him marrying since they were kids.

Ivy shrugged, "theres just a lot there." She didn't know how else to put it.

They had history, Quinn was and is forever her first love. But, things happened that still hurt and she wasn't sure she could go through that again. She loved having Quinn back in her life. She just didn't know how much more involved in it that she would allow him to be.