➠ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

track five: there will always be a you

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

SOMETIMES THE MEDIA portrays living as a teenager as some sort of big milestone in one person's life. Yet the way Roxanne slowly aged into now the middle of her freshman year of high school made all of it feel like lies. Being a teenager was disgusting. A mess of hormones both good and bad and toxic relationships that were going to scar her for years to come. Nothing about it should've been romanticized. If anything she figured this time in her life should have come with a warning label.

The only benefit of her aging was the guitar. Was she a pro? No, not by any means. However she now found herself in a place to be able to play a couple of songs without it painfully hurting the ears of anyone around who was listening. The downside of her wanting to learn meant the suggestion of her brother to join his band; the situation being worse as their former bass player left them short a member. Having briefly left the shadow he gave her when getting to high school, Roxanne didn't want to be back there once again.

Going from being alone at lunch to sitting with her own group of friends, she didn't want to risk it. Yet catching her practicing in her room to a Janis Joplin track, her brother continued to suggest it to her. "You could just practice with us. I mean we don't need a girl in the band but you barely act like one anyway."

Not saying anything she opted to throw the nearest thing, that luckily only being a pillow, in his direction in an attempt to kick him out. Still, Needles went on. "We wanna do the talent show coming up and we need to beat this other band." She laughed over this, knowing very well the other band he was mentioning which gave her more of a reason to not be involved. "Just one time and then you're gone, that's all."

Lowering the music she stared at him seriously of which he didn't take seriously but let her continue anyways. "When hell freezes over." Raising the volume to be excruciatingly loud he rolled his eyes over her dramatics. "Now leave!" Doing so without much a choice either way, Roxanne lowered the music back to where she had it before continuing on from her practices.

Some time after she was met with her bedside phone ringing, looking to the time before setting her things aside after figuring who it could be. "Hello?"

"There's my girl!"

She blushed over this, twirling the cord into her fingertips. "I thought we weren't serious?"

"So that means I can't call you mine? But you are?" Not helping to laugh over this she continued to listen on. "You think you can sneak out? I wanna see you already, I can't wait until tomorrow."